Great "Every Day Carry" knives

If that's your EDC load out you might start looking for a Bat utility belt.
It's pretty representative. Sometimes there's more...

I try to be disciplined about the EDC stuff because it really cuts into my audio fun money!

It's pretty representative. Sometimes there's more...

I try to be disciplined about the EDC stuff because it really cuts into my audio fun money!

I've gone total Scottish on my EDC for another reason, I lose stuff. After I blackholed my last ~$60 folder (and it replacing another I'd lost) I went to the sub-$20 Ganzo. Same for a ~$35 ThruNite LED flashlight + Eneloop battery, ouch! It was relaced with a sub-$3 Sipik SK68 AA light. Not really missing the pricier ones either. When I hike (and pretend it really matters) I take along better quality gear but banging in & out of my car day-to-day I leave the "good" stuff at home. My hot tip for batteries are Japan made 2450mA NiMH ones from IKEA @ $6.99 for (4). They are higher capacity than the Eneloops for ~1/2 $$$. Close to 1 year with them and zero complaints.

Hi Folks,
The time has come to start thinning out some of my hobby-related stuff, so I will be selling off a number of knives from my collection.
If you have any interest in anything, please PM me and we can discuss the details.
Regards,
Bob

If you have any interest in anything, please PM me and we can discuss the details.
Regards,
Bob

I'll need to revisit the thread to remember what you have... Maybe you could post a group shot of stuff you are looking to move and we can PM for details.

I've been a month without an EDC since I started a new job Nov 6th. I was just thinking I might start carrying again now.

I'll need to revisit the thread to remember what you have... Maybe you could post a group shot of stuff you are looking to move and we can PM for details.

I've been a month without an EDC since I started a new job Nov 6th. I was just thinking I might start carrying again now.
The photo quality of group shots is pretty crappy, plus, I don`t want to violate any of the TOU agreements set by the forum mods....you can say something like "I am interested mostly in fixed blades", and I will send some pics....

Just to clarify, I still have my knives... just haven't carried any to the new gig.

I'll shoot you a pm tonight :)

I see no reason to switch from my trusty Klingon D'K Tahg, Great everyday carry piece.

5979167501_db12b73e54_b.jpg

Eric

Took the kids to Sevierville on a day shopping trip, and picked up a new knife for EDC duty at Smoky Mountain Knife Works. Gerber Commuter, three inch blade lock back with a flat rubberized handle, made in Portland, OR. It was on sale at $15, & $12 with the 20% off all we purchased.

image.jpg

The 8-year-old son who just earned his Whittlin' Chip in Cub Scouts got a BSA Victorinox Tinker to go with the Buck Bantam Nano he got for Christmas.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of adding the Massdrop Ferrum Forge Knife Works Gent to my stable. Looks great and has great specs at a very good price. Anybody familiar with this brand or knife?

I'm in on this. Thanks for twisting my arm! :)

-Dave

I received the knife today. Seemed like a long wait, but it did ship early. This is a fantastic knife. Fit and finish is great. It's extremely light for its size. The ceramic bearings in the pivot are so smooth! I'm really pleased with this purchase. Keep an eye on Massdrop to see if it's offered again. Highly recommended.

-Dave

Latest addition.

Lighting automatic.

This is a great one for everyday carry and you don’t need to worry about it opening by mistake.

Great OTF for the price and an easy carry.

Just need to make sure it’s legal in your state.

I don’t leave home without it and the Sog Cash Card is always in my pocket.
I carry both of these with ease and you will not even know that I have them on my person.

Lightning OTF.

666BC1DA-C4F2-4352-ADEC-BFA90CBA78C2.jpeg

Sog Cash Card.

D8515A1E-DFE0-4AF8-A355-11134D2DECAE.jpeg

Last edited:
Is the top blade sharp? In many States a double edged knife is frown on. I have a Puma Skinner that I sharpened the top blade. I used it as a work knife. On time while talking to a deputy who was working as security off-duty, saw the knife on my belt and asked to see it as he was a knife lover too. When He saw the top blade sharpened, he read me the riot act, but nicely. Florida is one of the States that don't allow double edged knives. I guess that means that I can't where my Devil's Brigade copy commando knife out on the street. I gotta say I like that slip blade you got.

The Lightning top edge is not sharpened but has a dull edge.

The rare time when I show this knife to people and open it, it scares the s#*t out of them.

It’s totally legal where I reside but also mindful of laws in other states where I travel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom