What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Sunflower seeds....or should I say eating thereof.

A co-worker has taken a fancy to them. Eats about 1/2 bag a day. We have low wall cubicles and generally the office is fairly quiet. The incessant spitting/blowing sound as he spits the shells into his little cup of waste really gets under my skin.

ANONYMOUSLY buy him a a bag of of shelled sunflower seeds...he will get the hint.

Q

Last edited:
Got a trivial peeve this day... the cork in a wine bottle that either gets poked into the wine, or breaks off half way out the bottle. Irritating more than anything.

Q

Ok - this is probably a repeat but people who do not turn on their headlights when using their wiper blades on their car - state law on MN - and they do NOT use their turn signals.
Turn signals are not a signal on accomplishment when they are turning - they are a signal of intention.

So true. They are called indicators for a reason, an indication of what you intend to do, not what you have already done. We have so many roundabouts and the lack of indication makes me really angry.

Wiper blades and headlights? That's interesting. No such rule here- we have tons of sun showers here, no need for headlights. What about when the guy in front on the highway cleans his widescreen and you cop water on yours- do you have to turn on your wipers and your headlights?

Currently overused and thus, very American...

the term, "sea change"
the word, "moment"
the tag, "#metoo"

Wiper blades and headlights? That's interesting. No such rule here- we have tons of sun showers here, no need for headlights. What about when the guy in front on the highway cleans his widescreen and you cop water on yours- do you have to turn on your wipers and your headlights?

169.48 VEHICLE LIGHTING.
Subdivision 1.Lights to be displayed.

(a) Every vehicle upon a highway within this state:

(1) at any time from sunset to sunrise;

(2) at any time when it is raining, snowing, sleeting, or hailing; and

(3) at any other time when visibility is impaired by weather, smoke, fog or other conditions...

The generality of it.

It is not directly about wipers and headlights, but it is a good rule of thumb re. (a)(2). That point (a)(2) isn't necessarily about you being able to see, it is as much or more making your vehicle more visible to others.

Last edited:
People who use stupid phrases because they heard them on tv and want to sound smart.
WTF is a ‘laundry list’???

Laundry list: Typically a reference to a long list of stuff that needs to get done. Sometimes to imply it's a bunch of stuff you'd rather not have to do but must do, like laundry.

Cars with people-proof designs in them- for people who should not be on the road if they cannot do these EXTREMELY basic things...
.................................................................................if I could make this flashing neon, I would
Arrows-Up-2.ico

auto braking
auto parking
lane correction
backup cams

It's all about purposeful awareness, folks!

Ads stating-
I want to sale my......
Up for sell is my.......
Actually saw this a few days ago- I want to cell my..........

Ads stating-
I want to sale my......
Up for sell is my.......
Actually saw this a few days ago- I want to cell my..........
I think I've cited this one before, but it bears repeating ... "needs repaired". It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Reactions: Tia
I've been checking into that 'new' neighborhood based social media site "Nextdoor" to keep up with local issues and topics.

What pisses me off is the ability of regular users to delete threads they created with unlimited rights/duration.

There have been several posts asking for help or recommendations, and dolts think that because *their* question was answered, they need to delete the thread as no to 'clog up' the forums.

All trace of the help or recommendations are then lost to everyone else.

Cars with people-proof designs in them- for people who should not be on the road if they cannot do these EXTREMELY basic things...
.................................................................................if I could make this flashing neon, I would
Arrows-Up-2.ico

auto braking
auto parking
lane correction
backup cams

It's all about purposeful awareness, folks!

AMEN! Attempting to design an engineered solution to peoples lack of situational awareness and common sense is a hopelessly flawed exercise. Doing so may help in some situations but, overall, will prove to encourage more of the same poor basic driving skills. The folks that must rely on those systems should take the bus or simply stay home. Please!

I think I've cited this one before, but it bears repeating ... "needs repaired". It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
. I’ll second that!

Cost of imported beer. Cost of beer in general.
How about when you go to a bar, domestics are $2 for happy hour, order a Sam Adams, and get charged $7?
I guess I thought I knew what domestic meant....

Back
Top Bottom