Kenwood KA-9100 Wood Case

punprankster

I have a wood case from a KA-7100 that I want to use on my KA-9100. My only concern is that it doesn't have the side vents that the stock wood case of the Kenwood KA-9100 has and that it might cause the 9100 to overheat. Has anyone tried using something similar or does anyone have any advice if this is feasible?
Thanks!

Just ship me the case and you will no longer have this concern.
Sorry, I do not have any real help.
Bump for someone who might know.

The power amps on the 9100 are on the sides. The 7100 has a u-channel of heat sink through the middle of the amp. Air enters from below the 7100 and exits the top of the unit. I would think the cabinet is setup to allow this with an open bottom.

If you use this cabinet on the 9100 it will run hotter than it should to the point of being unhappy if you crank it. You should have some side vents installed in the cabinet to use it with this amp. Not hard cut some holes and install a chunk of metal screen of choice.

The power amps on the 9100 are on the sides. The 7100 has a u-channel of heat sink through the middle of the amp. Air enters from below the 7100 and exits the top of the unit. I would think the cabinet is setup to allow this with an open bottom.

If you use this cabinet on the 9100 it will run hotter than it should to the point of being unhappy if you crank it. You should have some side vents installed in the cabinet to use it with this amp. Not hard cut some holes and install a chunk of metal screen of choice.

Thanks Blue Shadow. I'd hate to mess up the 9100. I'd really want to house it in a wood case in the one I have now as buying a separate wood case is too costly.

Back
Top Bottom