What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

More TV news pundutry:

"Baked-in".
"Breaking news" that's been reported for hours or days.
"In the weeds". It was interesting/original in the first two days. Now...
"Lifehack"

Someone prior mentioned word misuse of "tell" (It's a tell that..) and "reveal" (The big reveal.)
Another that I heard today was, "It's a get that so-and-so was questioned about."

People that "like" your "for sale" post on Facebook, yet never comment that they're interested in the item. Also people who want something for nothing, even after admitting you're asking the going rate.

Cars with people-proof designs in them- for people who should not be on the road if they cannot do these EXTREMELY basic things...
.................................................................................if I could make this flashing neon, I would
Arrows-Up-2.ico

auto braking
auto parking
lane correction
backup cams

It's all about purposeful awareness, folks!

I've long maintained that if you remove the requirement for people to think, they will stop thinking. That day is fast approaching, if not already here.

The annoying over-the-top, loud KIA commercial with the Trans Siberian Orch. (I think) music. I'm a Christmas traditionalist.

I know I've said it before, but the frequency and ubiquitous-ness of news, political commentators and politicians inserting "look" and "listen" into sooo many sentences convinces me that they are either trained or told to do it. It just can't be an informal spreading of the idea.

Another hyped pundit tv media word: reckoning.

I know I've said it before, but the frequency and ubiquitous-ness of news, political commentators and politicians inserting "look" and "listen" into sooo many sentences convinces me that they are either trained or told to do it. It just can't be an informal spreading of the idea.

Another hyped pundit tv media word: reckoning.
Listen, you've really got to calm down about this, or else prepare to face a day of reckoning!

Look, I can't do it unless there is a sea change in the day-to-day events. It is a reckoning that, listen, we all have to come together in a National conversation so that, look, we arrive at a consensus. Look, I can't walk it back because in this moment, the hero stakeholders won't have it.

Look, I can't do it unless there is a sea change in the day-to-day events. It is a reckoning that, listen, we all have to come together in a National conversation so that, look, we arrive at a consensus.
I think the answer to that is baked in, but there's a lot to unpack here if you're going to hold the moral high ground.

I hate to mention this again, but there are a TON of people out there driving with their high-beams on and mindless of it. With the brightness and intensity of modern headlights, I wonder if they ever think about how much they are blinding the other drivers.

Sure, some of them forget that they are on and it's an honest mistake, but those folks who run them all the time because they have a low-beam burned out and are trying to avoid getting pulled over? Unacceptable.

I hate to mention this again, but there are a TON of people out there driving with their high-beams on and mindless of it. With the brightness and intensity of modern headlights, I wonder if they ever think about how much they are blinding the other drivers.

Sure, some of them forget that they are on and it's an honest mistake, but those folks who run them all the time because they have a low-beam burned out and are trying to avoid getting pulled over? Unacceptable.

I absolutely agree and have the exact same complaint. It is NEVER acceptable to drive with your high beams on when other drivers can see them. EVEN IN DAYLIGHT! There is a contingent of drivers who seem to think if its not that dark then its appropriate to drive with your high beams on all the time (because of course they can hardly see their lights because its still light out). It is even illegal in most states.

I'll also add to that the fact that headlight standards are the wild wild west now adays. No inspection ever seems to check headlight aim and some of the newer aftermarket lights are brighter than many high beams. Then there are all the people who have raised their vehicles and not re-adjusted their headlights so their low beams are aimed where high beams should be.

Back
Top Bottom