Pics of your listening space

He's moving things around again... :)

f8yLYq7.jpg

fyh2slK.jpg

Holy -you are correct, and I also use an 820 as well, have yet to use the analog out just to hear it on its own merits as it is in use as a transport and I do agree the 460 is a good sounding unit.

So many beautiful rooms here I was a little embarrassed to post mine since we are building the house ourselves. Anyway, have a milestone in that we have our bamboo flooring partly down and new furniture so things are looking up a little. Still no trim around the windows and the component rack I want to build is still in the mental concept stage but the speakers are more or less where they will go (I have since spread them out a little further)..

It sounds very good, but room treatments will be worth looking into.. Lots of window and wall space. Fortunately the ceiling which is 20 feet up at the peak has beveled tongue and groove which serves to diffuse.

It is all a work in progress, but being debt free at this stage of life is more important than having everything perfect.
View attachment 1059287 View attachment 1059288

You're building a house? I thought you were repurposing a church lol. Beautiful man, beautiful!

You're building a house? I thought you were repurposing a church lol. Beautiful man, beautiful!
Thanks! Yeah, this thing is taken me forever! It is a timber frame and all the beams and posts I milled myself came from where the driveway is now. Some pretty big trees, a few were 115' tall, man that gets your heart pumpin when you drop one of those.. Anyway that was 2005, and now almost 2018 I am still working on this thing, but I can see it is getting closer, daylight! If I had known it was going to take this long I might have done things a little different, but it kept me busy, out of the bars as they say!

It is all a work in progress, but being debt free at this stage of life is more important than having everything perfect.
View attachment 1059287 View attachment 1059288

It's easy to see just how beautiful your home will be when finished. Breathtakingly tall ceilings, beautiful scenery filtered thru cathedral windows, and, the best feature of all -- debt free! I'm in great admiration, sir!

GeeDeeEmm

Great job on the house there, Alobar. I love what you are doing. I spotted the rocking chair. Can we see a closeup of that? I'm envious of your woodwork too. I've never seen walls, and framework like that.

Great job on the house there, Alobar. I love what you are doing. I spotted the rocking chair. Can we see a closeup of that? I'm envious of your woodwork too. I've never seen walls, and framework like that.
Here is the chair.. I think they said it was hickory but I could be off. We bought it in Whitehorse Yukon Canada which is 250 miles away. We got the rocking chair, dining room set, and bedroom set.. Had to make 2 trips to get it all back home!

Capture1.JPG Capture.JPG

Wow! Kerry67 kinda reminds me of my room back in the 70s. Had the same Kiss posters hanging and my stereo banging away...with Kiss! My first rock concert was Kiss back in 76 at the LA Forum.

Wow! Kerry67 kinda reminds me of my room back in the 70s. Had the same Kiss posters hanging and my stereo banging away...with Kiss! My first rock concert was Kiss back in 76 at the LA Forum.

Yeah, First time I saw KISS was 1976 as well. Have seen them around 35 more times since. I have more stuff but don't have it all out at the moment. Not as much as I used to have but still have a few things. I am a TOTAL 70's hard rock guy. To me, music peaked back then.

Back
Top Bottom