Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

I have owned several Marantz amps over the years, but all BPC. This is my first Marantz of this vintage and I'm absolutely in love with it. The sound, the look, the feel, haha even the smell....

Marantz 2385
View attachment 1058324

View attachment 1058323
I moved my JBL 4430 to the basement man cave last month. The room has it's acoustic challenges which i've been experimenting with, but the 2385 has already dethroned my Grant Fidelity Rita-880.
View attachment 1058333
Hopefully before Xmas, I'd like to bring out my Sansui G-8000 for a little friendly head to head competition.
Hows that one pushing the JBL's??

2017-12-07 04.44.42.jpg First Marantz I bought was a 1060 a few years ago when wanting to get into vintage audio, now I have in my collection;
A second 1060
104 tuner
140 Power Amplifier
3200 Pre
5010B Tape Deck
2245 and a 2285B

I'm not going to collect more, I've enough to last me a couple of lifetimes I think :)
Ben

WP_20171211_00_17_22_Rich.jpg WP_20171211_00_21_27_Rich.jpg WP_20171211_00_16_04_Rich.jpg

My mint inside out locally retail recent acquired Marantz 2265b stereo receiver! (component below front and rear pics now made at home).

Only flaw dail pointer bulb when home by taxi proved to be blown. In the shop it stil worked DARN! Sotospeak ;-) And......tape 1 play switch button needs to be cleaned. As we all know, a common issue with these kind of typical Marantz fake Alps switches and buttons; even when they were only a few years old. But other then that perfect for a piece of old Marantz gear!

Love the looks and sound and its still as new, thats why i bought this one. Not for its reliability cause they never were and thats why Marantz went bankrupt in 1984 (No offence Don Sr. sotospeak; although ur good old daddy Frits Philips etc. etc. etc. had to save your ass back then, didnt they.....haha).
Enfin; memory lane thus! Next $$ less in my wallet for an orig. woodcase in good condition or i have one made like origional. Or even more tempting; try make one myself .

O also got a Marantz 6100 TT. No pics course i only downpayed at same pawnshop. Will pay the rest/pick it up end this month course my wallet started leaking heavly when i bought and fully payed at same day this 2265b and a mac 2100 and some other gear you see! As a result a month full of $2,- CAD macbacons, noodle soup, cheap sirup Nescafe canned beans ravioli cocacola eggs pinabutter bananas and lots of canned tuna and bulk wholesale chunks of ham and spam ;-) . Thats the life of a hifi collector freak like me! Course sometimes beeing me really sucks you see. Damm you compulsive hifi addiction of mine and of others sotospeak. But other the that; All is fine and dandy in my pathetic but succesfull live more or less sotospeak according to my immaginairy sexy female hifi fairy living in my head, and thus helass not in my bed! But she is as crazy like i am so her comforting reasurence that all is fine and dandy is no garanty either. O well.......whatever ;-) In my head shes atleast good in bed, thus shes def. a keepert sotoagainspeak!

Last edited:
Hey guys!

Here's a Marantz 6370Q I picked up a could of weeks ago. This thing is MINT. It came with the original box, packing, and everything.

The story I got from the original owner is that his brother bought it for him while he was in the service in Germany. The brother had it shipped to him, and he's had it ever since. It's lived in a box for the past 15 years. I just had to add some oil for the cue dampener and it was good to go.

IMG_2917.JPG IMG_2939.JPG IMG_2817.JPG IMG_2820.JPG

It even has the original shipping label to the store in Germany.

IMG_2814.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2815.JPG
    IMG_2815.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2816.JPG
    IMG_2816.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 10
Great stuff guys !!!

O also got a Marantz 6100 TT. No pics course i only downpayed at same pawnshop. Will pay the rest/pick it up end this month course my wallet started leaking heavly when i bought and fully payed at same day this 2265b and a mac 2100 and some other gear you see! As a result a month full of $2,- CAD macbacons, noodle soup, cheap sirup Nescafe canned beans ravioli cocacola eggs pinabutter bananas and lots of canned tuna and bulk wholesale chunks of ham and spam ;-) . Thats the life of a hifi collector freak like me! Course sometimes beeing me really sucks you see. Damm you compulsive hifi addiction of mine and of others sotospeak. But other the that; All is fine and dandy in my pathetic but succesfull live more or less sotospeak according to my immaginairy sexy female hifi fairy living in my head, and thus helass not in my bed! But she is as crazy like i am so her comforting reasurence that all is fine and dandy is no garanty either. O well.......whatever ;-) In my head shes atleast good in bed, thus shes def. a keepert sotoagainspeak!

:rflmao::rflmao::rflmao::beerchug:

Hey, don't kill yourself eating that junkfood :confused:

Have to work on my esthetics :smoke:..... Then again my ears can't see.... and my eyes can't hear.... :)

I am smoke free, not clutter free... Clean up next on the to do list....:whip:

Over 500lbs of stuff.... good thing it's in the basement, otherwise floor loading might be an issue... :D

IMG_2373.JPG =

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I own since years a 6300 and I recently picked its little sister up, the 6100. A perfect working condition unit, that didn't suffer too much of the years going on.

9iE18E.jpg

Vsjud7.jpg

3faE9F.jpg

I like this one as much as the 6300.

Back
Top Bottom