DMV folks...Where you at?

Thanks for starting this forum. I didn't know about the Capitol Audiofest, I'm sorry I'll have to wait until November 2017!
Relatively recently I recapped, refoamed, and (sadly) replaced the tweeters in the AR-3a's I bought when I was in college. I'm currently repairing the AR-AU amp I bought at the same time, it went out just before the speakers were restored. (Bad luck, that.) I'm also looking around at speakers to go with my modern set-up after the amp is repaired and restored. No budget for super components, but I'm having a lot of fun with what I can afford.

I am in Haymarket, VA, same as Johan. I am currently refurbishing & fixing my Yamaha CR-1020 which I have owned since original purchase at Myer Emco, if you remember that retailer. I use the CR to drive two Polk Audio M10 speakers I purchased several years after the CR. My initial speakers were JBL 110's, also from Myer Emco. I am keen for a get together when/if anyone would like to.

Yes, it would be nice to put faces to some of these names.

I am in Haymarket, VA, same as Johan. I am currently refurbishing & fixing my Yamaha CR-1020 which I have owned since original purchase at Myer Emco, if you remember that retailer. I use the CR to drive two Polk Audio M10 speakers I purchased several years after the CR. My initial speakers were JBL 110's, also from Myer Emco. I am keen for a get together when/if anyone would like to.

I'm in Alexandria. Currently building some Bozak B4000 Symphonys with new cabs and recycled drivers. Stumped by the crossovers and by the late Pat Tobin's designs.

I'm up for meeting with tube and DIY types in this area or even blind listening to products.

Don't forget the local DelMarVA AK bashes that alternate between Ehoove's place in the spring
(Near Frederick, MD) and Ohighway's in the fall (near Ellicott City, Md) -
both are fun occasions ... tho I've been tied up Sundays and missed the last couple ones ...

@hjames...How can we find out about these? Is there a posted schedule with any details?

You new guys - go into your Preferences on the site and select a Location -
general area where ya live - Bal'mer, Dunkirk, Fairfax, Great Falls, Soldiers Home - wherever ...

Party dates get posted as they come due - this was posted Mar 14th ...
Sunday May 21st it is! 1 p.m. - 6 p.m. At ehoove's place.
www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/2017-mid-atlantic-ak-spring-gathering-may-21st-1p-m-6p-m.761653

Last edited:
Hello DMV! Joining from Tysons area, getting back into the hobby! Pulled an Advent 300 from the attic and hope to recondition. Need to get some other gear fixed up while keeping an eye out for some possible Dynaco toys.

Hello DMV! Joining from Tysons area, getting back into the hobby! Pulled an Advent 300 from the attic and hope to recondition. Need to get some other gear fixed up while keeping an eye out for some possible Dynaco toys.

I am in Vienna.

We ought to hear something soon about the Fall bash at Ohighway's place near Ellicott City, MD ...

You new guys - go into your Preferences on the site and select a Location -
general area where ya live - Bal'mer, Dunkirk, Fairfax, Great Falls, Soldiers Home - wherever ...

Party dates get posted as they come due - this was posted Mar 14th ...
Sunday May 21st it is! 1 p.m. - 6 p.m. At ehoove's place.
www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/2017-mid-atlantic-ak-spring-gathering-may-21st-1p-m-6p-m.761653

Hi all, I'm near Manassas. This thread is nearly two years old so you must be doing something right. I had a great time at the Capital Audio Fest with the DIY guys. I look forward to meeting y'all as well.

Any interest in a weekend get together in Falls Church? On Park Ave you have CD Cellar, Command AV (new gear and really nice guys) and Hifi Heaven. Dogwood Tavern, for sustenance and refreshments, is a short walk from the parking lot area of these establishments. Jeff from Command could be talked into hosting a listening event.

Park Ave, Falls Church, VA

Any interest in a weekend get together in Falls Church? On Park Ave you have CD Cellar, Command AV (new gear and really nice guys) and Hifi Heaven. Dogwood Tavern, for sustenance and refreshments, is a short walk from the parking lot area of these establishments. Jeff from Command could be talked into hosting a listening event.

Park Ave, Falls Church, VA

I could be persuaded.

Good suggestion!. I could make time after the chaos this month plays out. I need a weekend (or ten) around the house.

Back
Top Bottom