New KEF B139s from Falcon Acoustics

JoshHendi

^ElectroNerd^
Potentially exciting news... It looks like Falcon Acoustics might soon be selling new B139 drivers :)

Image taken from Falcon Acoustics website

Falcon_Acoustics_B139.jpg

They teased it on their main website months ago, then the ad went down... I emailed Jerry asking him when/if they still planned on releasing them and he said yes, but they just had delays, but that was a while ago

I think it will happen, like many things, the main business there comes first. I think it will be great to see a new B139, it will put some life back into quite a few speakers that are sitting around collecting dust, not to mention extending the lives of some still going. Good for Jerry/Falcon for taking on some of these driver projects!

Update ! .....................Jerry is anticipating to still get the first production run out before this Christmas. The beauty of these new ones is that they are going to be of a higher power handling capacity over the original 50 watt black framed B139's.

Hi Clay,

thanks for the update as I spoke to him late November and he was hopeful of getting the first batch before Christmas.

also I think FONSguy was meaning "Concerto's" if I'm correct ? as the Cantata's use a T52 as the tweeter and not a T27.

Cheers.

Does anyone here have experience with retrotechaudio.co.uk ? They may have KEF parts like B139's but I have not been able to get an email reply from them.

I wonder if they need "core" units? I have a couple of passive radiators, the BD139s, that I thought it would be cool to turn into "active" woofers. Sadly, that's beyond my skills...

Lee.

When the new B139 driver is released I will be curious to see how this effects the price of the old B139's that come up for sale.

When the new B139 driver is released I will be curious to see how this effects the price of the old B139's that come up for sale.

Probably about the same amount that the reissued LS3/5A from Falcon Acoustics affected the LS3/5A market - not at all.

I think it will happen, like many things, the main business there comes first. I think it will be great to see a new B139, it will put some life back into quite a few speakers that are sitting around collecting dust, not to mention extending the lives of some still going. Good for Jerry/Falcon for taking on some of these driver projects!

Please don't forget the main man, Malcolm Jones, who sold me his early Concerto in 19XX.

image.jpg Hi, just came across this thread, found it to be really interesting, as I have had a barn find just before Christmas, P.atkinson design Speakers from 1976 Hifi news, built by Roy Irwin in 1977, they have been built as right and left, as the front of the speaker naturally toed in, If anybody could give me any more info it would be really appreciated,

View attachment 1151788 Hi, just came across this thread, found it to be really interesting, as I have had a barn find just before Christmas, P.atkinson design Speakers from 1976 Hifi news, built by Roy Irwin in 1977, they have been built as right and left, as the front of the speaker naturally toed in, If anybody could give me any more info it would be really appreciated,

Not to derail this thread but.... nice setup !

Hey....did you notice? You're on TV !

Back
Top Bottom