Show me your IBAM/IBBA 2016

Ducati; Check out posts 167 and 17 this thread!
yes, saw those posts. 16 is on a 500c and the 400 has no real estate in the same area. Post 17 is a 400, but my set up is not in a slick box. I may consider hanging it off the back end as Luis did.

Last edited:
Ok, here is my solution to mounting my first IBBA on a fisher 400. Actually, this is my first IBBA period. This is a real stretch for my level of expertise, I do hope I have all the components properly installed. I am a machinist by background, so the mounting part was easy with my milling machine and some drilling and tapping. I also bent the heat shield more obtuse to make room for the IBBA.
Now, my huge task in front of me is hooking up the IBBA. Is there a YouTube out there explaining where to hook up everything? I think I read some components actually come out of the stock system? Uggh.

E5ECEE12-92FE-4233-8C2B-A28E51F1B371.jpeg96511F4B-553D-4239-8E1D-5A221BC9771A.jpeg5E4E9A3B-3DEA-4D38-92FA-E0233DDFB950.jpegE02FA226-1FB1-46A7-9120-B3FBDC57BDB8.jpeg

Hi ducati2: I made this illustration of how the IBBA board fits into the Fisher 500 simply as an aid to myself. I separated out the board with dashed lines to show its components and where in the circuit it must be placed. I also added some other mods that have been written about in AK. This may help or not. The 400 implementation should be the same, except the component numbers will change. Due credit must be given to Mr Gillespie.ibba(2).jpg

Hi ducati2: I made this illustration of how the IBBA board fits into the Fisher 500 simply as an aid to myself. I separated out the board with dashed lines to show its components and where in the circuit it must be placed. I also added some other mods that have been written about in AK. This may help or not. The 400 implementation should be the same, except the component numbers will change. Due credit must be given to Mr Gillespie.View attachment 1064786

NICE !!!! I guess all I need now is PIN numbers for the 400 connections.

IBAM in my Fisher 800C.
It has been dormant for decades but is working again, thanks in part to some great help from fellow members.
As one might imagine, there are still a few bugs to work out.
I'm also in need of a front panel.
Thanks,
Phil

Attachments

• Bias 1.jpg
    Bias 1.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Bias 2.jpg
    Bias 2.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 162
Here is the IBAM I installed into Fisher 400. Capacitor values were modified later when EFB was installed.

IBAM.JPG

IMG_1242.JPG

Last edited:
Finally got my IBAM installed in my 500c and I have a question before I finish wiring it up. Should the two ceramic caps (C82, C84) be completely removed from the circuit? They’re the caps on each terminal strip going to ground. Sorry if it’s been addressed before. Ok, bedtime!

Q3tAIwA.jpg

AkWmzbK.jpg

Ok, so after separating my two grid resistor pairs (R121 & R22) (R123 & R124), these ground caps will only be connected to the resistors going to V9 & V11 now, correct? Thank you!!

Not totally finished wiring yet, but I thought I’d post pics. I actually rebuilt the board after the initial pics to get things to fit right, but you get the idea... with thanks to @bhamham for inspiration.

szLqlc4.jpg

zVlpAWX.jpg

Last edited:
I used 18 gauge wire, which was probably too thick... it was a real pain to maneuver and route through everything. The hardest thing about doing an IBAM isn’t building it, it’s figuring out where to put it!

4D45OKR.jpg

6Orcold.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job on the circuit board. You sure made it look clean. I've attached mine. The plastic ties have since been removed. I also insulated the circuit board bottom from the chassis. I recheck the amperage from time to time to ensure the tubes stay within +-.1A of each other. Thorne

Attachments

• my IBAM install top.jpg
    my IBAM install top.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 115
25CAADD8-4E3F-4BF9-B842-F81DC5FA4AB1.jpeg 051AD92F-06B6-4C09-9930-C3651AC1D6DC.jpeg 7BB111E2-807B-42F4-99BB-6671C3A77B7F.jpeg
NICE !!!! I guess all I need now is PIN numbers for the 400 connections.
Hi ducati2: I made this illustration of how the IBBA board fits into the Fisher 500 simply as an aid to myself. I separated out the board with dashed lines to show its components and where in the circuit it must be placed. I also added some other mods that have been written about in AK. This may help or not. The 400 implementation should be the same, except the component numbers will change. Due credit must be given to Mr Gillespie.View attachment 1064786
Having a time today trying to install a new ibba in a 500c . I have triple checked my ibba construction and double checked the installation, but not getting any adjustment with any of the pots, bias or balance. The only thing I see missing per the diagram by Fitz, is connecting pin one to “r145”. I think he meant r143, as that is the 7w, 1.2k resistor, but I already did the mod to hook that up to pins 4 and 8, per another thread. Any thoughts appreciated... pix of my install attached, hope you can make sense of them.

Simple. The mod part you are showing is the SCREEN Stability part. The Screen lead going to pin 1 is predicated on the new resistor being placed on pin 1 to pin 4, instead of hanging it off the jumper. Totally separate from the IBBA Mod. You are correct in that the 1/2K 7W resistor is R143. This is separate from the IBBA.

For the IBBA you have 6 Wires
1.) POS Wire to the BIAS CAN CAP (NEGATIVE LEAD!) Remove C86,R131, & R132 from the Circuit as the IBBA incorporates replacements.
2.) NEG. Closest convenient Ground.
3 thru 6 are the leads to the OUTPUTs at the Grid return resistors (330K or if you did tone lihe mod already 200K-220K). One lead per tube. Separate the 330K resistors on the old "T" strip (replace the "T" Strip with a 3 terminal strip, and each grid return resistor to a separate terminal on the new strip).

Back
Top Bottom