What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Found my second pair of Baby II speakers at the thrift store. In excellent condition! I think I paid $15.99 for them.

Nice. I've got Babys in my second system upstairs. I think I paid $50 for them a couple years ago at a GW. They were in perfect shape, almost like they'd never been used. I've got the Large Advents on my main system. I love my Advents. I do notice, however, that they don't quite capture some of the deep sub-bass in some of my hip-hop and modern pop and R&B albums. Meh, I can live with it.

I used to find tons of good equipment years ago. Not as much now though. I see lots of guys doing the same thing I'm doing....looking for good stuff on the cheap. Prices have gone up too. The GW folks are savvy enough to look things up just as we do.

That said...things slip through. Found a nice Marantz 2216b receiver a few months ago. Works great...needs a lamp and feet. I think I paid $20.00. $225.00 receiver all day on ebay.

Exactly, found really nice stuff years ago. Yeah, they have the shopgoodwill.com website where the good stuff is sold. I just can't believe some of these ending action prices. I love to thrift shop!

Nice. I've got Babys in my second system upstairs. I think I paid $50 for them a couple years ago at a GW. They were in perfect shape, almost like they'd never been used. I've got the Large Advents on my main system. I love my Advents. I do notice, however, that they don't quite capture some of the deep sub-bass in some of my hip-hop and modern pop and R&B albums. Meh, I can live with it.

How bout a sub to help with the bottom? The large Advents are nice. I have a pair of KLH sixes that sound about the same. I like em quite a bit.

My first pair of Advent Baby II speakers both had woofer surround rot and I fried a tweeter on one. Replaced both the woofers and tweeters. That was years ago before I had internet access. Those speakers I wouldn't call Advent. They do have a better high frequency range but lack the bass.

Years ago back in the early '80's a friend's brother had Advents suspended from the basement rafters. Had a vintage tubed integrated amp (don't remember the brand name), and a Thorens TD-165 with an Ortofon VMS 5E cartridge. That system had amazing bass!! Couldn't believe the sound from those Advent speakers! That was the first time I heard Advent speakers.

I did have a Kenwood 4070 receiver with EPI 100 speakers back then. That was another awesome combo! Those EPI 100s really rocked out!

Back
Top Bottom