What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Woo Hooooooooo
(first play...new camera too, just set it up)
045.jpg

Way-To-Go, Mr. C.! :thumbsup: Yes, that's a really good idea with the white strip on the volume control! :thumbsup: You would think Yamaha would have thought of that. ;) You'll enjoy CDs much more when you use the "Loudness" control to tame them down. I mostly play records but will be playing more CDs in the future. I used a photo off of Google images for the A-S301 photo. Yes, still breaking mine in too. Albums that I've heard many times before sound new to me now. This amp is amazing!

I guess you can say that you & Musicfan#51 and I, are the "Three Musketeers" with owning a Yammie A-S series! :thumbsup:

Do you use the "Pure Direct"?

I've played with the pure direct very little so far. I've been just leaving the tone controls flat and its very sweet. I like the variable loudness for low volumes at times. I'm still getting used to it. It replaced a Yamaha RX-397 receiver. The 501 blows the 397 away. The RX-397 was my office tunes and has been rotated back into the office. I had a Marantz 2245 as my main unit for years and a Yamaha CR-820 before that. I still have the Marantz, its on a shelf waiting to be rebuilt someday. I love vintage but maintaining them can be a challenge. I'm driving some big speakers. Polk Monitor 10s. Turntable is a technics SL-1210. I just installed a Grado green and a Zupreme HS this week also. It's all completely new to my ears. And yes! it's breathed now life into my albums. I'm seriously considering the accompanying Yamaha CD player also, the CD-S300.

Back
Top Bottom