Today's INDIE Playlist

Thanks for that Tubed. I looked her up on wiki. Nice to learn something new. I've never been to Cambodia but I've always wanted to visit Angkor Wat. I've been to Thailand several times as I used to work for a company based there but never managed to go to Cambodia.

Here's another place that I've always wanted to visit - Bali.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Tubed. I looked her up on wiki. Nice to learn something new. I've never been to Cambodia but I've always wanted to visit Angkor Wat. I've been to Thailand several times as I used to work for a company based there but never managed to go to Cambodia.

Here's another place that I've always wanted to visit - Bali.
[/QUOTE]
Travel young, far and often, Mikey.

Slow build but OK. Reminds me of when they ran into those hippie girls on Oh Brother Where Art Thou -

Axxa/Abraxas - I Almost Fell

Last edited:
Rick Astley's naughty son -

Yeah I posted that one a couple of pages back. It's got everything in there ska, Nick Cave, the Clash a chord or two of Smashing Pumpkins....all underpinned by a chic Frenchy groove.

Really unique and immensely interesting.

Yeah I posted that one a couple of pages back. It's got everything in there ska, Nick Cave, the Clash a chord or two of Smashing Pumpkins....all underpinned by a chic Frenchy groove.

Really unique and immensely interesting.
Oops. Great minds think alike! Not only did you post it but I "liked" it too. I need to update the "indie links" .pdf which I've kinda ignored cuz I'm translating all my hobby code into Python. Mostly cuz that's what all the kiddies at work are using.

Yeah, I use your very useful list when I post some of the throwbacks.....just in case.

That song though deserves a double post!

And I used the list for this one recorded back in '83. I saw these young guys on tour supporting the album at the time. Beer, Paisley shirts, long hair, some too strong weed and VERY loud guitars. They were one of the indy gods of the time in Oz.

I'm noticing my cultural references at work are being met with blank stares. This new guy walked by and I told this other guy "Hey that guy looks like Morrissey". Another time this guy felt bad that I offered to kill one of my processes that was eating up some resources. I told him via email not to worry cuz the processing was Desparate But Not Serious. That got an email blank stare.

Pardon the OT - but I'm sure there's an Indie band or two somewhere influenced by Adam Ant.
Adam and His Tiny Little Ants were and are always an enjoyable listen.

Back
Top Bottom