What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The Cruel Sea - This Is Not The Way Home
MI0002262424.jpg

More Aussie rock from the early 90s. This band had Tex Perkins on vocals

OK, time to see if I can find some vocal selections that will get the @Delmarva seal of approval.

No opera, right? OK, let's see what we can find:

First time I heard this it blew me away, literally. Wife is home tonight, so my volume level is considerably more restrained.

Introducing The Sensational Fischer Choir - The largest choir in the world

1500 voices,

Polydor vinyl - 2371 656

Here's a taste, and the band I'm listening to right now

How would you like to be the guy to mic that up properly?

Generally yes, you just have to be careful with adaptors (and cables/connections), and summing to mono. If anyone's interested, there is a classic document that was put out by Rane that explains a lot (I could post a link)...

Did you get out of the Army in spring/summer of '82? I went to the "Police Picnic" in Toronto, and Joan Jett opened, with some local acts, Flock of Seagulls (ecch), and I think Talking Heads (?). Joan Jett and band were treated very badly by the crowd.

Is that a regular 12" record or does it seem larger?

GJ

12"..

He's one that looks like it might be OK.

Some guy called Ormandy is swinging the baton. Apparently, there is an orchestra in Philadelphia. Who knew? And there's a bit of singing in there too. Some gang from Utah! by the looks of things. Wonder if they know The Osmonds?

index.php

I think I'll give it a spin next and see if it's any good. Looks pretty old, but apparently it plays at 33.3.

Columbia ML6416 (mono vinyl)
OK, there's that! Ya got me, LOL. When I say I don't like vocals in my classical I'm clearly voicing my disdain for opera.
Interesting choice, Kevin, as my copy of Handel's Messiah that I played this morning featured the same lineup out of Philly and Salt Lake City.

Back
Top Bottom