What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I heard lots of good things about Onix. Nice Marantz gear you had by the way. I'm the same with speakers, I own about 17 sets or so. I own a set from each company you named too. I'm about to start hunting for different amps and receivers soon. Thanks refoaming is something I've been doing since 17. Hardest set was Cizek Model 1 woofers but were worth the frustration.

Onix gear is fantastic, great build quality. Most of my gear now is not as vintage (90s) been on a 90s gear kick for a good while.

IMG_1110.JPG

I tend to have 4-5 sets out in rotation :) lll also have a closet full of other gear and a storage unit I pay monthly to store the rest. :) with your 17sets you know the game!

I've downsized a lot, was on a JBL kick for a good while, had some 150s paired with my 110As. They are a few videos on YouTube of a couple of my set ups.
IMG_0803.JPG

That was my 1250/L110A and Axiom set up. Need to pull the rack out of storage, have been wanting to set my current set up in it. :)

What's your fav set of speakers you own? Mine have been the DM-640s and my Current Quads.

Kind Regards,
John

I heard lots of good things about Onix. Nice Marantz gear you had by the way. I'm the same with speakers, I own about 17 sets or so. I own a set from each company you named too. I'm about to start hunting for different amps and receivers soon. Thanks refoaming is something I've been doing since 17. Hardest set was Cizek Model 1 woofers but were worth the frustration.

Forgot to mention the hardest set I've came across in foam work is the damn peerless 8" 4ohm woofers Snell uses. Those things took me all night to do one evening.

JBL rear mounted foam is a snap compared to the peerless. :)

Hmm. That Beethoven recording was way too noisy. After 65 years or so, it could probably do with a good cleaning. No vocals on this one, but an easy tune to hum along to, or just sit there with your jaw on the floor.

Philips Festivo 6570 118

Bach Organ Works

Band 1 Side 1

Toccata And Fugue in D Minor BWV565

IMG_0608.JPG

I can attest to that. Since using the Oppo I have noticed better sound on my CDs. The overall sound is much clearer than with the old player. (An inexpensive no name) I had been using the Samsung blu-ray player and the Oppo makes a world of difference.

It's the DAC. And isolated analog circuitry. Even back then, They were leading the way in analog output. Yes a CD goes in, But a very nice smooth playback. Plus you get all the digital formats. Wait until you try a classical SACD.

Back
Top Bottom