I joined the Fisher family!

I've been meaning to recap my 610 chassis for the 1959 510 Consolette for better than 6 months, but other FISHER's get in the way.....the Executive (800-c), Standalone 800-C, and now the TA-600. It's like Lay's potato chips...."Betcha can't eat just one". And then you sit there dumbfounded wondering how the hell they sound so damned good.

Yeah, Fisher Crack!!! Only recently got around to FINALLY settling up on my 1st 800c when a 500c popped up on BT. Well, needless to say, it's in the mail!!!!!!

Arrgghhhhhh........

Congratulations and a BIG thumbs up on your new Fishers!! I would just love to have an integrated set up...I already have 1/2 of one...a FM-100-C tuner. Of course I could probably run it through my 500C on the AUX Input.
Anyway, this is all about you...not me, so I just want to welcome you and enjoy your new Fishers!!

Those look really nice, looks like Skylab set you up well. I have the brother to yours the KX200 and was simply amazed from the minute I powered it up, as I always thought they would a bit low fi. I just never imagined that a small old amp like the Fisher would be able to sound "so big".

Thanks everyone! I've yet to hear a horn that didn't make my ears ring. I know that's insulting to Klipsch and JBL fans, but they just aren't for me.

What you really need to do is also buy my Pioneer S-1010's :D Match made in heaven! Of course I am highly biased...

My house already will look very familiar. I still have the Marantz and the RBH mini speakers.

Welcome to the family.

Soon enough you'll discover that Fishers are addictive, so beware. :D

There are some things you can read again and again and know from a facts and opinions perspective, and these Fishers are some things. Until you hear one of these Fishers for yourself, you won't get it.
Now you've got it.
Congrats and welcome to the club.

And by the way, what he ^^^ said. :thmbsp:

Due to moving I've had this packed up since November and this past weekend got it out for the first time. I placed it in the rack and removed the Cary/Denon combo temporarily: Whoa.....at anything less than window-rattling SPL (which on occasion I've done...) this Fisher is just better. It's almost like a 50s Cadillac or 60s Ferrari: best not to use it every day but only when you can dedicate yourself to fully enjoying it on special occasions. It's that beautiful in how it does what it was designed to do.

Attachments

• fisher.jpg
    fisher.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 33
  • fisher2.jpg
    fisher2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 28
Congratulations on a beautiful pair of Fishers. There really is something special
about their sound. So many superlatives have already been said about it so I wont add anymore as you already experienced it first hand :yes:

Bet these will not be your last either.

(Listen to some early Beatles on these and you will love that VOX AC30 sound)

That's the thing. It's easy to overlook them, but whenever I put a Fisher back in the system, I'm glad I did.

It's nice to see these pieces again...I would be lying if I said I didn't miss them sometimes! I have no good system to use them in, but they were sure special sounding, and also beautiful looking!!!!

Hey folks I'm a new admirer of Fisher magic. I found my 400 on the curb in a rain storm! I dried it out keeping it in a warm car for a week. Tested tubes, cleaned switches and tube sockets and as everyone here has attested the sound is magical. Back in the day when I was putting together my first stereo a friend tried to convince me to buy a Fisher but back then they just didn't have enough glitz for me. Now I think it is a thing of beauty.

Hey folks I'm a new admirer of Fisher magic. I found my 400 on the curb in a rain storm! I dried it out keeping it in a warm car for a week. Tested tubes, cleaned switches and tube sockets and as everyone here has attested the sound is magical. Back in the day when I was putting together my first stereo a friend tried to convince me to buy a Fisher but back then they just didn't have enough glitz for me. Now I think it is a thing of beauty.

Congrats, and welcome! The 400 is a great piece.

So where do they still put out Fisher tube receivers on street corners, full of tubes, for somebody like you to pick up for free these days?

Congrats, and welcome! The 400 is a great piece.

So where do they still put out Fisher tube receivers on street corners, full of tubes, for somebody like you to pick up for free these days?
A small town in east central Iowa, Mechanicsville. I'm finding it is hard to find anyone out here to share the love and learn from. That's how I got to AK.

A small town in east central Iowa, Mechanicsville. I'm finding it is hard to find anyone out here to share the love and learn from. That's how I got to AK.

You found a 400 sitting on the corner for free. In today's world of auction sites and internet sales, I'd say you're way ahead of the game.

best not to use it every day but only when you can dedicate yourself to fully enjoying it on special occasions.

I disagree with that idea. Music makes everyday a special occasion at my house. I listen on my best gear; because, I deserve it. And, my ears know the difference. If it’s electronically sound, you must allow yourself to enjoy it. You deserve it.

GAWD! That's like being married to a Nympho that owns a liquor store and you having no taste for alcohol and the sex drive of a monk! Get out and use it more! The more you use it, the better it will sound. I've got 6 FISHER consoles on the 1st floor of my house and use them all practically everyday. They are all in different rooms and fill my house with gorgeous sounds all the time. I use my 400's, 800c, and TA-600 for headphone listening mostly, but they get their exercise too.

Back
Top Bottom