What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Nice pick! An amazing band that has been virtually ignored for decades now.

Your name Xrayspex- I am guessing that is your favorite band?

Thanks. I could hardly contain my excitement when I found it.

Ah the moniker. Yes they were one of my favorite punk bands when I went through my punk phase in my junior of high school. My favorite band well that would be Sonic Youth.

5jzkzuiwngiu.jpg

The Ocean Blue • Cerulean

Hi John, I've seen these, But still not heard them. I install HT's in the summer, For a friends company. I have heard the 802's, His top seller, Many times.

They are more wife friendly, Is one reason. These large B&W's need big power, To open them up, 500wpc in bridged mono at least. So there is the amplifier budget also.
View attachment 1066047
Long ago I listened to the 803’s (I think). They were pretty nice but I found them to be a bit bright for my taste.

012EF0A6-A401-46E1-B648-7D44FC89D392.jpeg

Meat Puppets - Classic Puppets. 24 track compilation from the early years (released in ‘98). A nice cross section of some great albums.

DDAFE17B-B4CD-41A5-8525-AE86424E3348.jpeg

Edit: I absolutely love the sound these guys got. I really appreciate how they just don’t fit comfortably in any one genre. Such a brilliant blend of punk, thrash metal, guitar-hero, psyche, country, folk...

"Pistachios turn your fingers red. Roll your way back home you know roll right into bed. Pick it up in a week or two, flags jump out your head. Roll your way back home you know, roll right into bed."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom