What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Long ago I listened to the 803’s (I think). They were pretty nice but I found them to be a bit bright for my taste.

Really! When we set them up in stereo, They came across very balanced with a huge soundstage. Now these are set up in rooms with maximum acoustic treatment's, Already installed. If anything they were bass heavy, We made the adjustments with the preamp, Or prepro, EQ. We're talking big buck clients. Those man caves were really set up.

Nuclear Assault ~ Game Over
1986 Combat 88561-8118-1

https://www.discogs.com/Nuclear-Assault-Game-Over/master/68669
006.jpg

Hi John, I've seen these, But still not heard them. I install HT's in the summer, For a friends company. I have heard the 802's, His top seller, Many times.

They are more wife friendly, Is one reason. These large B&W's need big power, To open them up, 500wpc in bridged mono at least. So there is the amplifier budget also.
View attachment 1066047

Those are my 'dream' speakers. Unfortunately, the cost of the current 802D's are a nightmare.

Those are my 'dream' speakers. Unfortunately, the cost of the current 802D's are a nightmare.

Same here MT. When his customers upgrade, His store is loaded with used audio. These speakers last about 48hrs one they hit the internet. Mostly, People do not let them go. The source stuff gets upgraded. Not the speakers usually.
You know how I know the vinyl thing is back. I get emails telling me how many turntables got installed that month. 10-15. Restored vintage, New, Whatever. I'm like, Yup, Have fun.

Hey All,

Nice (but long) day at an induction/swearing-in ceremony for my Navy boys, then an exclusive tour of one of the USN's newest ships, The Little Rock (namesake of the WW II vessel). Finished-up with a nice late lunch/dinner and some ice cream. The official christening/launch is this weekend and there will be a lot of dignataries here. Pretty cool.

Going to hang with family; probably some tunes later. Enjoyed a little Nat King Cole earlier...

GJ

Congrats, A big day. USN christening is a big deal. Especially for the first crew.

Back
Top Bottom