Jamo C-103 Bookshelves Walnut $123 a pair.

Looks like a nice speaker for very little money.
I myself am trying to resist this deal as I just bought a pair of the centers for MTMs last week. My GF would murder me though. I've bought 3 pairs of speakers in 2 months now. Stupid holiday sales.

They are either gone or it was a mistake as I see they are now $1800?

Gone. There's usually at least one or two whacked third-party sellers with ridiculous prices on every Amazon listing. Don't know what the point is, surely they never sell anything.

P.S. The seller, an authorized dealer, has a Jamo 5-speaker HT setup on sale for around $1,500 (center, floorstanders, dipole side surrounds) which it claims normally retails for over $5,000. I'll settle for the buck-and-a-quarter bookshelves...

Last edited:
Gone. There's usually at least one or two whacked third-party sellers with ridiculous prices on every Amazon listing. Don't know what the point is, surely they never sell anything.'

P.S. The seller, an authorized dealer, has a Jamo 5-speaker HT setup on sale for around $1,500 (center, floorstanders, dipole side surrounds) which it claims normally retail for over $5,000. I'll settle for the buck-and-a-quarter bookshelves...
Were you able to actually order a pair for $123?

Gone. There's usually at least one or two whacked third-party sellers with ridiculous prices on every Amazon listing. Don't know what the point is, surely they never sell anything.'

P.S. The seller, an authorized dealer, has a Jamo 5-speaker HT setup on sale for around $1,500 (center, floorstanders, dipole side surrounds) which it claims normally retail for over $5,000. I'll settle for the buck-and-a-quarter bookshelves...

Yeah, the retail prices for this brand seem a little inflated, but I've seen a few sellers outside the US selling the C-10 center for $500-700, whereas the supposed MSRP is $1000. And the bookshelves around $500, MSRP of $750?

And I heard somewhere that those listings are like the insane eBay listings. They're mostly just for money laundering purposes.

If they make it in time or at all (Amazon says they should arrive Wednesday), I was thinking of giving them to my son as a Christmas present. We'll only have part of one day to hook them up at my place for a quick listen before he has to hit the road. I'll run Audyssey on them just to see what they can do.

Monday night: no update as to shipping status and no tracking number generated. Estimated "delivery date" has slipped to Thursday. Hmm...

I bought a pair for $129 + tax; delivery date 29th.
Don't need them, but couldn't resist. :biggrin:
Wish I had jumped on that deal, Chief.......missed it by "that" much. lol I keep checking back but still not there damn it. Not really in the budget but even if $250 I would make it happen.

Tuesday night (12/19): no update as to shipping status and no tracking number generated. (Ordered Friday 12/15, Delivery Thursday 12/21)

That's a bummer. I hope everything goes well. I'd hate to be the one who posted a crappy deal where people don't get their order. Hopefully opnly bafld can keep us informed of his shipping status as well.

A person on Reddit has made inquiries as to how these deals were popping up, and has stated that when Klipsch acquired Jamo there was a warehouse somewhere that was full of recently "old" stock. Apparently Klipsch wants to reinvent the line or something, as it's currently just competing in the same price bracket as Klipsch. So they are dumping this stock at bargain prices while still making money and room.

I hope it goes well for you awillia6. I got the C-10's from what I think was the same seller, with Prime shipping, and they made it in the 2 days promised. I feel, based upon my current experience with the C-10's that these are a steal if you actually get your hands on them. I don't have a lot of experience with much outside of the very "budget" oriented lines of stuff, but these sound great to my ears. Incredibly good imaging and transparency. Solid heft. Nice fit and finish. All of this is of course colored by buyers confirmation, but they didn't initially impress me. Like the Focal Super Birds I got not long before them, they were decidedly laid back compared to most of the stuff I'm usually able to afford. But as time has gone by I've found that they are much more..."capable"? They disappear from the music, but have the ability to knock you around, fully dependent on your source and choice of music. Tool's "Aenima" was revealed to me for what it unfortunately is; great music marred by one dimensional and highly compressed recording. Whereas Peter Gabriel or Mark Knophler have made me feel a little weird with how amazingly good they sound through these guys. I don't really have the experience or equipment to do a competent review, so I do hope some members here get ahold of these, and I can get some impression not colored by my own ears.

Last edited:
That's a bummer. I hope everything goes well. I'd hate to be the one who posted a crappy deal where people don't get their order. Hopefully opnly bafld can keep us informed of his shipping status as well.

A person on Reddit has made inquiries as to how these deals were popping up, and has stated that when Klipsch acquired Jamo there was a warehouse somewhere that was full of recently "old" stock. Apparently Klipsch wants to reinvent the line or something, as it's currently just competing in the same price bracket as Klipsch. So they are dumping this stock at bargain prices while still making money and room.

I hope it goes well for you awillia6. I got the C-10's from what I think was the same seller, with Prime shipping, and they made it in the 2 days promised. I feel, based upon my current experience with the C-10's that these are a steal if you actually get your hands on them. I don't have a lot of experience with much outside of the very "budget" oriented lines of stuff, but these sound great to my ears. Incredibly good imaging and transparency. Solid heft. Nice fit and finish. All of this is of course colored by buyers confirmation, but they didn't initially impress me. Like the Focal Super Birds I got not long before them, they were decidedly laid back compared to most of the stuff I'm usually able to afford. But as time has gone by I've found that they are much more..."capable"? They disappear from the music, but have the ability to knock you around, fully dependent on your source and choice of music. Tool's "Aenima" was revealed to me for what it unfortunately is; great music marred by one dimensional and highly compressed recording. Whereas Peter Gabriel or Mark Knophler have made me feel a little weird with how amazingly good they sound through these guys. I don't really have the experience or equipment to do a competent review, so I do hope some members here get ahold of these, and I can get some impression not colored by my own ears.

That was a GREAT review! You've managed to whet my appetite for the Jamos even more. I'll just have to hang in there, but maybe I'll give the vendor a call and shake the tree....

Back
Top Bottom