When AK members - friends - silently disappear

Any given post by an ignored member can be de-ignored for perusal.

I periodically read a post by one or another ignored member -- virtually 100% of the time, I am vigorously reminded as to why I'd put the member on "ignore" in the first place. :(

Its SUMMERTIME - folks get outside and get caught up in trips and yard work and all that stuff - and Vacations!

I do not think it is appropriate to shout at me, Heather. I know that it is summertime, I'm just in this moment listening to my Fujitsu AC.

A lot of people have been posting here in this forum since Summer has started in June. Okay, let us hope your assumption that he will return in autumn is right.

I just wiped my earlier post, sorry for causing any grief ...

First, I did not mean to sound harsh - I typed caps for one word to bring emphasis - did not mean it as yelling or shouting -
do you prefer bold as a way to make a word leap out more? please accept my apology either way.
Second - its really nice outside this week ... almost fall weather in the DC area ...
I know a lot of folks get carried away with outdoor interests instead of staying online as much ...
I'm online all the time since I make my living online - but for many others, they aren't as hooked online and life does intrude ...

Last edited:
Chris,
I know Heather thru AK, and our local gatherings. I can assure you that there was no intent to come off as shouting, and I have been on a lot this summer only because of my moderator duties. Most summers I am on less frequently then other times of the year, so her comment holds valid at least for me.
Regards,
Jim

jaymanaa? :idea:

I have noticed Jay posting less and less over the past year and a half. Once in a while I'll see a tech question post or a buy or sell post in BT but not all that much. It also seems like it's summer and people do post less at that time as well. I can also see Jay getting a bit bored around here, less and less tech, more and more BS. There are also other forums that a lot of old members from here post on that are a bit more serious and the focus is all audio and no attitude. Where one can talk all levels of audio without the thread getting derailed on the first page.

I'll stop there, but add Heather is not yelling at you, she's a sweet heart and just emphasized the word summer to drive it home.

Last edited:
I believe that Jay is (fully) retired -- it may be that, freed from the drudgery of work, he has found other (better) ways to invest his time than an online forum

EDITed out of deference to the OP.

Last edited:
Wasn't Jay looking for a motorcycle?
I'll bet he found one which explains why he keeps showing up on the Sturgis webcam!!

Bob

I seriously consider to delete this thread, fortunately I'm free to do so whenever I want. However, this was my last post here.

I seriously consider to delete this thread, fortunately I'm free to do so whenever I want. However, this was my last post here.
But you are so much a part of the site, and this thread -
Why not give it a day or two before making such a big change?

IMHO, this thread has become the most heartfelt (and meaningful) one on the forum at the present time.

It's not like a powder keg ready to explode; it's just no longer superficial.

We could toss in some technical jargon to ease the tension.

:naughty:

So in watching the VOA auctions I noticed that no BBQ rub is offered this year. Led me to thinking about fellow member
mfhale. I haven't seen him around in quite a while. Anyone heard from him at all?

Back
Top Bottom