ca-810

Unplug the power. Measure the resistance between chassis ground and the two points of D601. One side should be close to zero Ω's and the other maybe a little less than 650 Ω.
Cathode 106.1k ohm anode 1.6 ohm

Swap the test leads around. ? Old skool diode test using ohms function instead of diode test function.
I'm back to work till Monday and i ordered a new relay I'll get back at it when the relay gets here.

Apology, need to go over old ground.

Measure dc voltage (black probe connected to chassis) at,
- CP-2 (CP-2/3 are bias check points)
- CP-3
- TR606 c/b/e (measure at adjoing part)

Has C603 been replaced?

- CP-3

Has C603 been replaced?
I'm working tonight I'll report back tomorrow afternoon

- CP-3

Has C603 been replaced?
I think I found the problem.After studying the protection circuit for about an hour with a magnifying glass I found a broken trace and after the repair the relay clicks and it powers up now.Thank you everyone who was helping me figure this thing out...
Kris

Reactions: mbz
Well I got the voltages all dialed in but for some reason it only plays both channels in mono and only the left channel in stereo

Resoldered wires and it works now.Anyone know where to get replacement lights for the meters?

Checking the mid potential the sm says Lo-e and Ro-e should read 0v I'm getting 0v on the left channel and 14mv on the right channel my question is.Is there a way to adjust the mid potential or is 14mv good enough?

Checking the mid potential the sm says Lo-e and Ro-e should read 0v I'm getting 0v on the left channel and 14mv on the right channel my question is.Is there a way to adjust the mid potential or is 14mv good enough?
Mid point potential ie dc offset. 14 mv is nothing in my book. Frankly I wouldn't bother even messing with it.

I'm not seeing what adjustment vr801 is for?I set it in the center position but it doesn't seem to change anything either way.

I'm at work at the moment but I'm guessing that the two pins marked -36 and +36 have something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom