Pioneer SX-750

IBSO52

I purchased a lot awhile back and finally got around to taking some pictures and cleaning up the 750.

It's pretty dirty but other than that plays nice and just needs a little TLC. The case isn't in the best of shape. I think I'm going to try and build a new case tomorrow.

Attachments

• PioneerSX750front.jpg
    PioneerSX750front.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 72
  • PioneerSX750frontleft.jpg
    PioneerSX750frontleft.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 65
  • PioneerSX750frontright.jpg
    PioneerSX750frontright.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 64
  • PioneerSX750playing.jpg
    PioneerSX750playing.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 67
  • PioneerSX750sideleft.jpg
    PioneerSX750sideleft.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 66
  • PioneerSX750sideright.jpg
    PioneerSX750sideright.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 68
  • PioneerSX1050750equalizer.jpg
    PioneerSX1050750equalizer.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 68
Would be interested to see your progress. I recently bought an SX-750 on CL for $95. Front glass panel was cracked. Fortunately I found a local glass company that cut a new glass panel with a hole for the tuner knob for only $10.50 (I had gotten a quote for $35-50 from another source). Everything seems to work fine, except the tuner is off a little, and like yours, the vinyl on the case is peeling in some places. I'm thinking of veneering it with real wood.

That is my favorite generation of Pioneer receivers. Never owned one, but many friends did during the 70's, and I was jealous.

That is my favorite generation of Pioneer receivers. Never owned one, but many friends did during the 70's, and I was jealous.
Same here. Owning one really takes me back. My brother in law had a really nice Pioneer set up in the 70s. When he was drafted, he was fortunate to be sent to Germany instead of Vietnam. He brought a really nice system while in the Army. When I bought the SX-750 and brought it back to my office it was dirty, and had cracked glass. After I fixed the glass and polished it up, I turned it on and played it through some PSB Alpha 1s I have. My coworker said , "Man, that thing looks brand new!". Sounds great and looks great!

Great looking results! Nicely done.
Unfortunately, mine has developed problems with the power switch. Lights flicker when turned on, and sounds scratchy.

I love my 750. Been seeing daily usage for the last few years. Only had to clean the pots once.
Nice job!

I finally got some time to work on my 750. The case was in bad shape as you can see from previous pictures so I decided to try and build one. Decided to use Walnut and still need to poly it. My next step is to try repaint the metal grate / vent as it has some rust.

@Jibe01
@rkgren1

Attachments

• PioneerSX750CaseLeftSide.jpg
    PioneerSX750CaseLeftSide.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 45
  • PioneerSX750CaseTop.jpg
    PioneerSX750CaseTop.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 43
  • PioneerSX750CaseRightSide.jpg
    PioneerSX750CaseRightSide.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 41
@IBSO52:
Did you make the wood panels yourself or did you veneer the old ones? I own the black version (SX-5560) of this receiver and it is also in need of a touch-up.

I finally got some time to work on my 750. The case was in bad shape as you can see from previous pictures so I decided to try and build one. Decided to use Walnut and still need to poly it. My next step is to try repaint the metal grate / vent as it has some rust.

@Jibe01
@rkgren1

Walnut is beautiful. Can't wait to see it lacquered. You should use a satin laquer.

Back
Top Bottom