Amazon Music Unlimited

^ Well, the app on my phone has the Chromecast button, but the app on my Amazon tablet (which has had the Google Play Store side-loaded) does not.

Say goodbye to uploading your rips. Amazon is shuttering uploads, other services are expected to follow suit.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...pport-will-end-music-storage-service-in-2019/

No biggie, I can't think of an album I've uploaded that isn't now available for streaming via most services.
It looks like those, like me, that are paying for the $25 a year service will be supported until they stop paying...unless I am misunderstanding their statement. I have thousands of my files uploaded since I don’t subscribe to an on demand service available on the Echo. I get the version of Amazon Music that comes with my prime account. I admittedly use it more for other services and with Bluetooth, but I like having music from my library available.

It will give me another excuse to buy a HomePod. :rockon:

Finally, with today’s update, the Amazon Music app can cast to Echo and Sonos devices. They have supported AirPlay on iOS, and Chromecast on Android for a while now.

Sadly, their UI is starting to push cRap in your face, rather that emphasizing the music you actually care about.

Interesting, the phone or tablet running the Amazon Music app doesn’t need to be on my home WiFi to connect to my Sonos or Echo devices. It’s being done in the cloud, almost certainly utilizing the Alexa services infrastructure. Unlike Chromecast, it never loses sync when switching focus to and from the Amazon Music app. Uses 1/3 the bandwidth of AirPlay, without the battery drain. As effective as Alexa voice control, with the advantages and disadvantages of each complementing the other. Nicely done, Amazon!

Now if Amazon would just fill the holes in their catalog. AutoRip helps with that, but why so many gaps compared to even Tidal?

I've been using amazon music for a month or so and took advantage of their 4months for .99 deal.
But i don't care about making a playlist, so one thing I've noticed is using two of their " stations" Mellow Folk or All Acoustic is they replay the same stuff daily?
Play one for a couple hours, turn it off, start it next day and it plays most of what was played the day before? What's up with that?

There are thousands of songs in all genres so why the repetition? If I wanted repitition I'd use FM radio.

How is the SQ of amazon unlimited - any improvement over Prime? My new phone came with 3 months of free Tidal so I'm giving tidal another whirl. the library is much improved over last time I listened. I tried Prime vs Tidal head to head and Tidal smoked Prime on SQ. (Not on MQA or hi-res, just a hifi track.)

Back
Top Bottom