ADS L2030 Restoration

MATT0404

Nice Matt, but it's drizzling here in NE Ohio and NW PA with lots of road spray and slop. :yikes: I hope you have a hard bed cover or tonneau cover for that speaker in the bed! Is that a soft bed cover I see on the left edge of that one pic?? I hope so. And congrats on some legendary speakers. Lookin' good!

Congrats to you on landing a pair of the very best out there and hopefully you've got them home safely by now. Looking forward to your impressions of those monsters.

Thank you all! I made it home safely and managed to get these beasts into the house. I have to hand it to my 5' (on a good day), 110 lbs. wife who jumped right in to lend a hand. The two of us got them down 12 steps from the garage and into the house without breaking a sweat...or our backs. @JosephH knows just how challenging that can be as he and I made that trip once with a pair of L1530's!

The speaker in the bed was tucked safely under a tonneau cover for the duration of the trip, so no worries about exposure to elements.

These speakers have a special way of making your room feel really small. Seriously, I think my room shrunk. I got them hooked up to a little Yamaha integrated (A-S1000) and one sounds great! The other one is lighting up the high frequency protection light. I knew these were going to need some attention (read $$$$) going into this, so I'm not worried about it. Looks like I'll be diving head first into the rebuild stage! With as good as the one speaker sounds alone, I can't begin to imagine how the pair will sound after a visit to Richard So.
IMG_20171222_185827.jpg IMG_20171222_185803.jpg

What a wonderful Christmas present!!! Kudos Matt. Perhaps Richard might want to visit you...lol. I know what you mean when you said the room shrank...lol
A right pair of keepers there! Merry Christmas Broski from the North...;-) Jer
Thank you! Santa can skip my house if Richard is coming! We already bought for the kids anyway. :biggrin:

Merry Christmas to you, too, Jer!

Absolutely OUTSTANDING Matt! Hearty congratulations! You had a couple obstacles to overcome, stairs in Connecticut and again in PA. What beasts! They look great in your room! What a Christmas bonus! Wishing you many years of happiness with them! Richard will hook you up!

Absolutely OUTSTANDING Matt! Hearty congratulations! You had a couple obstacles to overcome, stairs in Connecticut and again in PA. What beasts! They look great in your room! What a Christmas bonus! Wishing you many years of happiness with them! Richard will hook you up!
Thanks, Joe! The stairs in CT were worse than mine. I forgot you experienced those stairs, too. I've been in contact with Richard and will have these drivers on their way shortly!

Looks like you had the correct transport for those rare legends. I've done the stairs thing myself with AR-9's, AR-9LSi's, Klipschorns, and on. I have found a hand truck w/oversized tires, doubled-corrugated cardboard and/or moving blanket and that second set of hands reduces the back strain and risk significantly. Glad you moved them safely by hand. My wife, too, has lent a helping hand with some of the heavy lifting. Nice if the wife or significant other will support your habit. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Joe! The stairs in CT were worse than mine. I forgot you experienced those stairs, too. I've been in contact with Richard and will have these drivers on their way shortly!
Yes, I cannot imagine lugging the 2030s down the stairs in CT. Poor Bill has done it several times,in both directions! Good work and nice job securing them for the trip. I cannot wait for you full review! Merry Christmas

Talk about dominating a room!! I struggled quite a bit to move my 1530's up a flight of stairs and I can imagine those beasts must be a lot worse. What's the weight on them?

Back
Top Bottom