ca-810

I noticed they got really hot
Probably why they are mounted on heatsinks.;) The MJ's will run just as hot. I'd just freshen up the transistor thermal compound. And keep using the OEM.
Erradicate all dried glue thats in the area. If there is any.:thumbsup:

Did you remedy the hummmmmm ?
No I just checked everything over and resoldered a few wires but the hum is still there I think I'll replace the wires from the meter light board to the speaker terminals with some TFE wire I use when I restuff a large capacitor it's 18gauge silver coated copper strand wire with Teflon insulation.

I replaced the ground wires after finding one frayed only a few strands left on it hoping that was the problem but no still have the hum which gets quite a bit louder when I move the selector switch from aux to phono.20171222_140430.jpg

The PHONO 9.9 times out of 10 will have floor noise.Without any TT hooked up. Shorting plugs on the unused RCA's will eliminate the hum or drastically reduce it-----> just for the PHONO.

Just found another problem.The meter lights weren't working so I ordered some new ones and now they work but they are producing a hum through the speakers there was no hum before I put the new light bulbs in.
Does the hum change in any way by moving/ wiggling the wiring to the lamps ?

Does the hum change in any way by moving/ wiggling the wiring to the lamps ?
I just tried wiggling the wires to the lamps and the lamps went out and the hum was not as loud but still there wiggled again lamps back on louder hum

I did put bigger main filter caps in the originals were 58v 12000uf and the new ones are 63v 15000uf

I just tried wiggling the wires to the lamps and the lamps went out and the hum was not as loud but still there wiggled again lamps back on louder hum
Bad solder connections or loose wiring.

I did put bigger main filter caps in the originals were 58v 12000uf and the new ones are 63v 15000uf

No issue with that. But....
Check the solder connections for cold solder connections.

Back
Top Bottom