Pictures of Vintage GM cars!

Love the silver on silver with these cars. N WI must be very nice. I used to live in Duluth

Yes it is great country. Duluth is wonderful also. But I live in a very small town compared to Duluth. Around 3200 pp.
With all the snow and salt these cars have a very small window on the road but love then the same. It is a treat to get on the road.

That's an amazing car in amazing condition. Really like the color, too.
Now why are there no head restraints? Custom seats I take it?

No head restraints because I haven’t put them back in yet. Lol lazy. They’re original seat but I reupholstered them. 72F8EBA6-FB4A-4901-A969-EDFDE1520D91.png
The paint is a black base coat with 4 coats of candy apple red over it.

Here's another car I used to own, 87 Mustang GT 5.0 5 speed with 25k original miles.....should have never sold that one.

Attachments

• PB220028.JPG
    PB220028.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 9
  • PB220038.JPG
    PB220038.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 9
Conversely here's a 79 Z28 that I never should have purchased, what a POS.
It only had 64k miles on it but had been totally rotted out and repaired very
poorly, bought it on a online auction without ever seeing the car in person......
big lesson learned, digital photography and photo shop can certainly hide
any amount of bad bodywork !

Attachments

• 1978 camaro new wheels 019.JPG
    1978 camaro new wheels 019.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 1978 camaro new wheels 014.JPG
    1978 camaro new wheels 014.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 1978 camaro new wheels 012.JPG
    1978 camaro new wheels 012.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 14

Here's my current project, 1970 Monte Carlo. This video is when I took possession a few years ago. Bought it off a friend's dad for a steal, very solid car.

Currently running a 355, worked double humps, .488/.512 110 LSA cam, eddy 750, performer rpm intake, just installed new headers, 3" collectors, 12 bolt rear posi, 4.30 gears. Having alot of fun with it.

Don't have any brand loyalty, just a car lover in general, have has many projects from all around the world.

Last edited:

Here's my current project, 1970 Monte Carlo. This video is when I took possession a few years ago. Bought it off a friend's dad for a steal, very solid car.

Currently running a 355, worked double humps, eddy 750, performer rpm intake, just installed new headers, 3" collectors, 12 bolt rear posi, 4.30 gears. Having alot of fun with it.

Don't have any brand loyalty, just a car lover in general, have has many projects from all around the world.

You keeping 4.30's?

You keeping 4.30's?

I've thought about going down to 3.73's, with the 4.30's I'm turning around 3400 at 60mph with a th350. Highway sucks but they are a ton of fun in the city or spirited cruises. They really help this heavy chevy get moving... it's a trade off, but this car is just a weekend bruiser so I'll stick with them as mileage isn't a big concern.

I've thought about going down to 3.73's, with the 4.30's I'm turning around 3400 at 60mph with a th350. Highway sucks but they are a ton of fun in the city or spirited cruises. They really help this heavy chevy get moving... it's a trade off, but this car is just a weekend bruiser so I'll stick with them as mileage isn't a big concern.

Put a 700r4 behind it. Best of both worlds

Meanwhile here's another Cadillac which I nearly put in the Euro thread (Ghia body)
It's listed as a '53 but I figure the body is later re: quad lights
View attachment 1059338

That is one of two Ghia coachbuilt Cadillacs built in 1953.

https://www.conceptcarz.com/z20460/cadillac-series-62-by-ghia.aspx

"During the mid-1950s it was still possible to order a chassis from an automobile manufacturer and have it sent to a coachbuilder for a custom body to be built and fitted. This is such a car.

The world's wealthiest man at the time, Prince Aly Khan, gave this Cadillac with Ghia coachwork as a gift to actress Rita Hayworth, to whom he was married briefly.

The car was one of two built by Ghia and nicely combines the exotic looks of an Italian-bodied custom automobile with powerful and reliable Cadillac running gear.

Other coachbuilders that created special bodies for Cadillac during the 1940s and 1950s included Pinin Farina of Italy, Saoutchik of Paris, and Coachcraft of Hollywood."

View attachment 1060141
Another vintage Caddy from my photo collection.
I think this is an incredibly cool roofline.

1949 Series 62 Coupe "Sedanette" fastback.

Thanks... now what about the quad headlights? A retrofit or were Ghia a few years before their time?

Pops had one of these.79 Pontiac Parisienne
7867941686_c02dc236d6.jpg
Its a shame poncho is no more.I had a mid seventies lemans with the 350 and factory duals ,nice mover actually.

Back
Top Bottom