Let's see your cans!

How do you like these? I've never owned a pair of open back cans, but will be in the market for a pair sometime in 2018. Grado is at the top of my list...and I love the look. There are a lot of haters though and people are quick to bash the build quality. What are your thoughts?

I just bought a (brand new) Bower & Wilkins P5 on-ear headphones for $100 after shipping. They are a preset to myself :)...so I won't get to try them until tomorrow. For the price, I find it had to believe I'll be disappointed. I'm hoping they will become my everyday cans.

How do you like these? I've never owned a pair of open back cans, but will be in the market for a pair sometime in 2018. Grado is at the top of my list...and I love the look. There are a lot of haters though and people are quick to bash the build quality. What are your thoughts?

I just bought a (brand new) Bower & Wilkins P5 on-ear headphones for $100 after shipping. They are a preset to myself :)...so I won't get to try them until tomorrow. For the price, I find it had to believe I'll be disappointed. I'm hoping they will become my everyday cans.

I’ve had one form of Grados or another for 20’years now and NeVER has an issue with quality. I’ve called customer service to ask a question about a phono cart and got the owner! That was maybe two years ago. Can’t understand the hate at all!

If you’ve never had open back, it is a different experience. Anyone around you can hear what you’re listening to. Maybe that’s the source of the hate.

The SR80s are a great place to start. From there, the next real step is to the 325s. The GH1 are the first wood body I have owned and I am quite pleased. One word of warning; make sure your source is good, these GH1s are so good that if you’re listening to poor quality recordings it becomes painfully apparent.

Hope this is helpful, and enjoy your P5s!

The SR80s are a great place to start. From there, the next real step is to the 325s.

Awesome. I think I'll take your suggestion of the 80s or 325s first. I've read elsewhere that those are the best options in the prestige series. I've seen the 325s go for $150, new, on Ebay occasionally. This would be much more affordable, and less wait time. But damn that wood body is sexy!

Thanks for the input.

Awesome. I think I'll take your suggestion of the 80s or 325s first. I've read elsewhere that those are the best options in the prestige series. I've seen the 325s go for $150, new, on Ebay occasionally. This would be much more affordable, and less wait time. But damn that wood body is sexy!

Thanks for the input.
Check to see if anywhere local to you is a dealer. Sometimes they will have new old stock and you can get a nice deal. This is what I have done. You may not have the newest model but your wallet will benefit!

Well my Sennheiser HD 599s aren't much to write home about, but this combination sounds pretty great to me :music:

bgJS2lo.jpg

Don't listen to the haters, like what YOU like. I love Grados too, personally think Sennheiser is overrated crap.

I've tried Grado headphones and I thought they sounded great, but they just weren't very comfortable :( And I wear headphones for a good portion of the day. That's part of the reason I like Sennheiser so much.

I've uploaded a few pics of several listening / working rooms around house with HPs along with DAC/Amp set-ups and a few source devices in a related group topic but am not sure at the moment how to link the newly created gallery or groupings or if it's protocol to do so.
Here's a few pics of my mobile HP set-up in the meantime.

Attachments

• 20171113_232412.jpg
    20171113_232412.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20171113_231729.jpg
    20171113_231729.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20171113_231129.jpg
    20171113_231129.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom