Sansui AU-D907F Extra, yes or no?

jameswei

The devil calls me up today (the flipper who travels to Japan and bring back audio gear to flip, the one who sold me the Sansui AU-D707F Extra previously) and let me know that he has a Sansui AU-D907F Extra in his possession907-1.jpeg 907-2.jpeg 907-3.jpeg and I can have it for a reasonable price (not to discuss here) Looking at the pictures and I think he is right. My question is I am very pleased with the sound of the Sansui AU-D707 F Extra, should I get another one just because it has 30 watts more. So can someone who had both chime in on this here. Is it the case of AU-D11 vs AU-D11 II?

Sorry I just found out where my Sansui AU-707F Extra is the AU-D9 and the Sansui AU-907F Extra is the AU-D11.

Can someone tell me what's the equivalent Japanese model to the AU-D11 II? I am guessing its AU-D907X?

Last edited:
Yes, I think you are correct. It's probably the AU-D707X. Because looking at the power output of the AU_D907X is Rated @160 watts into 8ohms. Whereas the AU-D11II was only @ 130 watts. I read a few articles stating that the X is a great amp so I might pass on the AU-D907F Extra and hold out for an AU-D907X instead.

It looks very nice, and should sound superb - enjoy your new acquisition - and the many trimmer adjustments. :D

85V vs 80V main filter capacitors, 200W vs 130W OP transistors, and maybe 0.22Ω (?) vs 0.27Ω emitter resistors could partly explain that higher power output compared to the AU-D11 II.

Last edited:
The Sansui AU-D907X is the best Sansui I heard so far. I think it covers all three areas very well, nice smooth highs, very accurate mids, and powerful bass. I think I can hear more instruments on it than my recapped AU-717. I don't know how many owners of the Sansui AU-D907X are on this board but would like to hear your thoughts. Also what I should look for in the next quest.

I have the AUD11 (not II) and the AUD707F-extra (very similar to the AUD9). To my ears those 2 sound very similar, about power not significant audible difference. Those are of the same era, that AUD11 to me is one of the best amps that Sansui produced audibly (not in construction or material quality).

I have had also some amps of the AUD-alpha series and those sound very different to the D11 and D9. But it's a matter of taste and type of music that you want to hear.

Thanks for sharing, I acquired an AU-D707F Extra not long ago and really liked the details in that one, However, the AU-D907X take it to another level, it has authority.

Back
Top Bottom