The Recorded LIVE Playlist

Shoreline Amphitheater - Mountain View Ca - October 1987
Inaugural run of concerts in this dump; a literal dump,... reclaimed land fill location.
There was not proper venting, and blue methane flame flashes were reported from the lawn area (where this image set was taken). That must've tripped some hippies out.
Me: Having one of those moments:
DSCN4347.jpg

DSCN4348.jpg

An exciting game of blowing balloons up:
DSCN4352.jpg

The longhair with no shirt, and beard,... street urchin?
Nope, trust funder who brought what was likely the first batch of just released portable DAT decks, Sony TCD-D10 to the US, complete with totally functional owners manual, in Japanese. He also brought back loads of tapes, and "home" units.
DSCN4350.jpg DSCN4351.jpg

And Lenda the Good Witch - a very dear friend:
DSCN4353.jpg

Me: when I got my head cleared, rigged as HRTF stereo with a stereo pair of mics hiding in my hair; ready to drop down front and do battle with the hippies:
DSCN4349.jpg

And,.... 30 years later, still stuffing mics up in my hair (2017-12-16):
DSCN4305 (1).jpg

Last edited:
It was a live music Christmas.
I got my wife a cd, The O'Connor Band Live-with Mark O'Connor and a Doug Kershaw Band live record. And the obscure link is Mark O'Connor's Hero's record. Kershaw plays on it and so does Jean Luc Ponty. Both of whom played with Ipsak Pearlman on the late 70-s Chicago public TV show Soundstage called Fiddler's Three. A remake as Fiddler's Four would be real cool.

She got me Joni Mitchell DVD-Painting With Words And Music and Eric Clapton's 70th birthday bash at Royal Albert Hall. The Joni is in a intimate theatre in the round with sofa's and stuffed chairs. Probably his last live one. He still rocks.

Shoreline Amphitheater - Mountain View Ca - October 1987
Inaugural run of concerts in this dump; a literal dump,... reclaimed land fill location.
There was not proper venting, and blue methane flame flashes were reported from the lawn area (where this image set was taken). That must've tripped some hippies out.
Me: Having one of those moments:
View attachment 1074344

View attachment 1074339

An exciting game of blowing balloons up:
View attachment 1074342

The longhair with no shirt, and beard,... street urchin?
Nope, trust funder who brought what was likely the first batch of just released portable DAT decks, Sony TCD-D10 to the US, complete with totally functional owners manual, in Japanese. He also brought back loads of tapes, and "home" units.
View attachment 1074340 View attachment 1074341

And Lenda the Good Witch - a very dear friend:
View attachment 1074345

Me: when I got my head cleared, rigged as HRTF stereo with a stereo pair of mics hiding in my hair; ready to drop down front and do battle with the hippies:
View attachment 1074338

And,.... 30 years later, still stuffing mics up in my hair (2017-12-16):
View attachment 1074346
Very cool. I don't live far from Shoreline. I worked at Adobe Systems when they were couple of block away. The early days the whole area smelled rancid and funky. It's much nicer now.

Robert Nighthawk
Live On Maxwell Street 1964
Bullseye Blues and Jazz

at the end of this is an interview with RN. There are no credits saying who did the interview but it is unmistakably Michael Bloomfield. After doing a little checking it seems that some versions of this have an additional CD with a 44 minute interview, it credits Bloomfield on that one.

Last edited:
Grateful Dead
Fillmore Auditorium
San Francisco, CA
27 Februrary - 2 March 1969

*selected numbers from each set

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom