CD recording.

RichTassoni

Like to start recording on CD any one knows much about the TASCAM CD RW 900 MK II, RECORDER I've read much about it and it sounds good. Is it good bad or ugly thanks for any info on it. I have Onkyo 7030 for playing and love it. Thanks.

Big problem with recording from XM is the sub AM radio grade audio quality. Lowest bit rates. That said, for a standalone CD recorder the Tascams are good machines. I went to the Tascam flash memory recorders. I dump my files into the computer, edit and process as needed, and burn my CD-R from there.

Big problem with recording from XM is the sub AM radio grade audio quality. Lowest bit rates. That said, for a standalone CD recorder the Tascams are good machines. I went to the Tascam flash memory recorders. I dump my files into the computer, edit and process as needed, and burn my CD-R from there.
Thanks.

How about recording CDs on your computer? Download the free software here;

https://www.reaper.fm/
NO! Computers don't always make for audiophile recordings. I have a CDRW700 the predecessor and it's an excellent machine. I also have it's smaller partner, the half-space version originally designed for radio and TV stations and it's also excellent. Although, the record volume control knob is very small and tricky to set.

Like to start recording on CD any one knows much about the TASCAM CD RW 900 MK II, RECORDER I've read much about it and it sounds good. Is it good bad or ugly thanks for any info on it. I have Onkyo 7030 for playing and love it. Thanks.

The Tascams are OK. I have had two CDRW700s, the CDRW2000, a pair of 900s. If you spend some time, look for a used Sony CDRW66, much better build quality on the CD drive.

Or opt for the Tascam 3000 and use no optical drive at all. They are on sale right now with most of the on line retailers for 799.

good luck.

Back
Top Bottom