Rush: A Musical Journey

I have to admit my introduction to Rush was after smoking a few bowls, then listening to Farewell to Kings back in 1978. I've been a fan ever since. I explored all there early works back to their first album on through Signals. I kind of lost interest as their original sound just changed too much for me to get excited about. My favorite albums are 2112, Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, and Moving Pictures, but the favorite is Hemispheres. It is a technical tour-de-force. I also saw Rush in concert during their Hemispheres tour, a great show.

Yes indeed, me love them long time. :D
And yes, I've spent a bundle of cash on them over the years. I was looking at the new deluxe set of A Farewell To Kings the other day but I just couldn't justify the $80 cost and I only had myself to convince on that one.

And I'm on the other end... just learning about them and really liking what I've heard from them so far. Started with "Grace Under Pressure" followed by "2112" and then "Moving Pictures". Recommended in that order by @KevinJS... he's been my tour guide:thumbsup: Now I'm just trying to figure out which lp is going to be the first in my collection......

And I'm on the other end... just learning about them and really liking what I've heard from them so far. Started with "Grace Under Pressure" followed by "2112" and then "Moving Pictures". Recommended in that order by @KevinJS... he's been my tour guide:thumbsup: Now I'm just trying to figure out which lp is going to be the first in my collection......
Kevin is a good guide for this endeavor. Just keep in mind that the guys have been at it for over four decades and they have a massive catalog. They have evolved over this span and have tried a lot of different things, not all of them being super successful but still good in their own right. Moving pictures would be my suggestion. :)

Kevin is a good guide for this endeavor. Just keep in mind that the guys have been at it for over four decades and they have a massive catalog. They have evolved over this span and have tried a lot of different things, not all of them being super successful but still good in their own right. Moving pictures would be my suggestion. :)

Looking forward to it:thumbsup: Any pressing for "moving Pictures" you'd recommend?

The only Rush I personally like is their heavier releases up to All The World's A Stage. When they released Permanent Waves, I was like WTF happened? After that, there is very little Rush I like. Moving Pictures was ok but after that album, I lost interest in 98% of their music

Back
Top Bottom