Jamo C-103 Bookshelves Walnut $123 a pair.

That was a GREAT review! You've managed to whet my appetite for the Jamos even more. I'll just have to hang in there, but maybe I'll give the vendor a call and shake the tree....
Well, I hope for the best. The only caveat I'd throw out is the possible need for a DSP of some sort, as these guys can tear your face off given the right source. I wouldn't know what to call it, but they can project like...well, nothing I've heard. Its not shrill like Klipschs tend to be...just the ability to REALLY put out mids and highs when the source might have been recorded expecting less clarity. I prefer fairly forward speakers, but still have to adjust things. But only when the actual SOURCE is forward. Some recordings are perfect, and have been very good through other speakers, but some are a little over the top. You'll see what I mean.

I'm an Audyssey fanatic, so I no longer have fear of unruly speakers. The right software can almost always beat the wrong hardware into submission (the programmer's mantra).

A person on Reddit has made inquiries as to how these deals were popping up, and has stated that when Klipsch acquired Jamo there was a warehouse somewhere that was full of recently "old" stock. Apparently Klipsch wants to reinvent the line or something, as it's currently just competing in the same price bracket as Klipsch. So they are dumping this stock at bargain prices while still making money and room.

Klipsch bought Jamo in 2005; this line of speakers came out in 2014.

Wednesday night (12/20): no update as to shipping status and no tracking number generated. (Ordered Friday 12/15, Delivery Thursday 12/21)

Thursday night (12/21) after 8pm: FINALLY, an update! Still no tracking number and shipping status is still nonexistent, but something has changed! From Expected Delivery Thursday (12/21) by 8pm to "Your package WAS expected to be delivered today."

Ruh-roh...

Last edited:
As a fan of great Amazon speaker deals, I seriously hope you get this one!

Today (Friday 12/22), I got Amazon's generic "Go away, we're busy" message that delivery will be NEXT Friday, 12/29. Sure it will. Still not a peep from the vendor.

Wed (12/27): No change in status, no tracking number, delivery still (re)scheduled for Friday 12/29/17. Oh, and my pair were ordered in the walnut veneer, not the gloss white (which I didn't see and wouldn't have taken if they were free).

Wed (12/27): No change in status, no tracking number, delivery still (re)scheduled for Friday 12/29/17. Oh, and my pair were ordered in the walnut veneer, not the gloss white (which I didn't see and wouldn't have taken if they were free).
He's selling them for $699, I wouldn't mind having them for $129 for a quick turn around, also not a fan of the white.

No, he's ASKING $699 for them. What he's SELLING them for is an entirely different matter unknown to either of us.

No, he's ASKING $699 for them. What he's SELLING them for is an entirely different matter unknown to either of us.
Of couse, but even at that price it's below Amazon's standard pricing so I wouldn't think it should be too difficult to at least double his money. I wouldn't mind having a few dozen lol.

Hmm, the lowest price I now see on Amazon for the C-10's I picked up is $370. The gloss black are still sitting at $229 from the original seller.

So wait...there is someone on eBay that's asking to buy the C103's? Or a person could just probably sell them for that much?

Don't recall exactly where, but normally 2-3 days to ship; made purchase on the 15th.

I just cancelled the order.

2nd missed delivery date was today (Friday 12/29). 1st missed date was Thurs 12/21, speakers originally ordered Friday 12/15. Indicated to Amazon that I still want the speakers. Delivery rescheduled to Thursday, Jan 4, 2018. Sure, sure...

Sorry all. I ordered the C-10s and they came just as scheduled, from the same seller. I would have thought they would give Amazon an exact number that they had and keep up with shipping. I've had a couple things slip from Amazon over the holiday week, but not that bad.

Back
Top Bottom