What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

I suppose I'm just a grump, but I'm glad this is here for us to rant! My latest peeve? Windows Media Player!

After spending literally HOURS working on arranging my music the way I want it, including searching out album artwork, it summarily changed half of my album artwork to Roy Orbison. I was trying to do a lookup on ONE song. It locked up, and when it came back up finally, it had changed all kinds of albums to the Roy Orbison artwork. It did that once before when it changed everything to The Complete Hank Williams.

People's personalized order-placing language... "Hold the mayo, add mustard, keep the lettuce and tomato". I was with you on "hold the mayo" and "add mustard", but "keep the lettuce and tomato"? Who's keeping it; am I keeping it? along with the mayo I'm already holding? Or is the sandwich keeping it?
Hold it between your knees. :biggrin:

When you agree to the request to have the grandkids for the weekend, then the bomb is dropped when they arrive. "Oh, by the way, they're all sick. Hope that's not a problem..."

Gee, thaaannks....

I went to the cable company to turn in equipment yesterday. There was 5 or 6 people in line ahead of me and two employees behind the counter in a "next in line" scenario. One of the customers at the counter was obviously signing up for cable, reviewing options and bundles and such.

I was behind an older gentleman holding his cable bill, driver's license and a check. He was clearly agitated at having to wait just to pay his bill. After a few rounds of twitching and glancing back at me he turned to me, mad a hand motion and said, "Yak Yak Yak." I was tempted to answer with something pithy like, "They clearly don't understand the value of YOUR time, sir." or even, "You know you can mail that or pay online." But I uncharacteristically held my tongue.

Naturally when his turn came up, he started a conversation with the representative.

Speaking of "next in line", when a store opens another checkout lane and the cashier generically yells out, "Next!".

In near certainly the actual next in line isn't who gets the next checkout, it's the last in line. Grrrr....

In all my years I can recollect only a couple times where the cashier specifically indicated the true next in line person to get the next checkout.

How about people who don't understand the concept of a thermostat and crank the dial to 90°, thinking that'll heat the room up faster?

Conversely, we had some guests do the same thing, but in the opposite direction with our A/C in California. On a 110° day, they twisted the control down to 60° and left for a weekend in San Diego. Froze the goddam coils in the unit, leading to an expensive repair.

Oh man I am so with you on this one! I do NOT understand why it’s so hard for people to understand that a thermostat is NOT a throttle! It took quite a while before I got my wife to grasp the concept. One of my jobs is to manage a couple of conference rooms and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found the thermostats pegged one way or the other

Yesterday (the 26th) I went to a Burger King while on a road trip. Ordered a chicken sandwich, hold the mayo, add mustard and keep the lettuce and tomato. The guy goes "We're out of tomatoes." At this point I saw the sign posted next to the drive thru speaker that said "We're out of fries and onion rings. We have hash browns."

Why you open.

I might have posted this once on this thread already, but this is similar to an inside joke between my friends and family because of my recounting my feelings and rant on arriving at Popeyes or KFC only to find they are out of fried chicken. The cliffs notes version is, “You are a $#&*# fried chicken restaurant, it’s all you serve, how do you *$&##& run out of fried chicken!?!?” I used to get very “hangry” (as those commercials say) and few things upset me more than being hangry with my mouth all set for fried chicken and not being able to get it.

When you agree to the request to have the grandkids for the weekend, then the bomb is dropped when they arrive. "Oh, by the way, they're all sick. Hope that's not a problem..."

Gee, thaaannks....

I'm off all week because the place I work shuts down for the holidays. I hoped to get caught up on some stuff at home this week. But, no, I'm sitting here with the flu. Why? Because of a sick kid that got dropped off over here last week. Dang filthy, disease-ridden kids, lol.

Yeah, I've been off for a week too. Going back on the 3rd. Getting a cold or whatever usually ain't that big of a deal for me, but the next few weeks after being back is a really big crunch time with several presentations to pull together and deliver, travel, etc. The prospect of going into that (likely) sick is not a pleasant thought.

Something has changed. Both Lowes and Home Depot require you to give them your drivers license when you want to return or exchange an inexpensive item such as a small $10 trash can. Granted, I didn’t have a receipt but the item was purchased for cash one week ago so it is still a current stock item. I actually wanted to exchange it for something different and do some additional shopping while I was there. Having to provide the information on my drivers license in order to complete a simple return or exchange is unacceptable to me. I am not about to give up such a source of identity theft to them. Only God knows where that information could go. Home Depot got to keep the $10. I left the store with my trash can and nothing else. I also left with the $250+ in my pocket that they could have had in exchange for a DeWalt or Wilwaukee tool kit that I have my eye on.

They just don’t get it. Customer service and customer relations, that is. Allowing a customer to leave the store unhappy about the simple exchange of a $10 item is all the proof that is necessary to prove my point. Their new (?) policy discourages me from making future purchases and encourages me to seek their competition.

So my pet peeve is any company that has lost sight of the critical need to provide good customer service and allows counterproductive policies or procedures to get in the way of doing so.

I hear you!Lowes absolutely refuses to do a simple even exchange.You have to provide Recept and drivers license a Real time waster!

Well, I'll dial back a notch and say that I have a peeve about people who abuse return policies, and cause stores to invent ridiculously inconvenient policies.

I got a little jaded when working for an electronics recycler that processed store returns. I'd see so much sabotage and box-swapping (putting a cheaper item in a more expensive items box and returning it).

Back
Top Bottom