ADS L2030 Restoration

DAMN ! :bowdown: thought I was lucky finding a pair of 1590s last Christmas in Mahogany but damn 2030s I'm all but speechless with jealousy. congratulations. Can you say bi amp? Or tri amp? :D:biggrin::D:biggrin::D.
Ads offered mahogany in the 1590's? I thought it was just rosewood, Walnut, and black.

Ck the l1590/ll user manual 500.00 special order only. Dealers were not allowed to stock. Only sold special orders.

Nor dId I till I researched them. Found the manual and was surprised. My best friend was an ADS sales and authorized warranty station for the Hawaiian islands for many years and he was not allowed to order the mahogany for inventory he could order the black and the Rosewood and the Walnut only for inventory. Not sure if the mahogany was offered in other models or other series but I do know on the series 2 for sure.

DAMN ! :bowdown: thought I was lucky finding a pair of 1590s last Christmas in Mahogany but damn 2030s I'm all but speechless with jealousy. congratulations. Can you say bi amp? Or tri amp? :D:biggrin::D:biggrin::D.
Have you posted pics of these somewhere else?
I'd love to see how the mahogany looks.
Glenn

Congrats on those L2030's. Those are some speakers which are on my list of ones I want to own. I would also love to hear them when finished.

Fabulous on the L2030. If I'm not mistaken there's an AK'er on here with two pairs of them as well as the big SDA-SRS1.2TL... Whoa..

Glenn, should this ever happen, please feel free to send your 910 North for 'storage'..... ;-)
Dyou say something? Just admiring your new avatar pic, lovely!
Oh, yeah, the 2030's in my future, first we have to see if it ever happens!

At the very least PLEASE, see if you can't shoot a vid and post it in GD70's thread. No, they will not sound as good as they do in real time, but we all understand that. :)
I most certainly will. :D

I made a little progress today. I measured the risers, drew up a sketch and cut some 1x2" oak. I couldn't find oak in 2x4" size, so I plan on stacking two pieces of the 1x2" together to get more height. Even stacked, the height of the oak risers will still be a little shorter than the original risers, but they'll still clear the walnut trim around the bottom. And I plan on adding feet which will give a little more height. I haven't yet decided on feet.

In the pic below, the oak is not yet glued and screwed together, I just laid it out to see how well it matches the factory riser.

ADS L2030 Risers by Audio Database, on Flickr

I most certainly will. :D

I made a little progress today. I measured the risers, drew up a sketch and cut some 1x2" oak. I couldn't find oak in 2x4" size, so I plan on stacking two pieces of the 1x2" together to get more height. Even stacked, the height of the oak risers will still be a little shorter than the original risers, but they'll still clear the walnut trim around the bottom. And I plan on adding feet which will give a little more height. I haven't yet decided on feet.

In the pic below, the oak is not yet glued and screwed together, I just laid it out to see how well it matches the factory riser.

Great timing with sharing this design. I was trying to determine how to replace the risers on my speakers, and now I see all the measurements and angles you calculated. Great job, and thanks for sharing

Great timing with sharing this design. I was trying to determine how to replace the risers on my speakers, and now I see all the measurements and angles you calculated. Great job, and thanks for sharing
Glad to help, my friend. :D

Back
Top Bottom