Clocks .... in space!

Somewhere lost in the move I have a version of the floating hands clock that has a square frame, never seen another like it, I will have to try and find it.

Graham

telechron4f51a_small.jpg

That HP59309A (at the lower right in Adam's pic) is also an interesting clock (although kind of off-topic for this thread).
59309A-40.jpg

Talk about your spouse acceptance factor, wowza!

Last edited:
I use an old Technics SH-4060 Program Timer that my oldest brother purchased new back in the early 80's. It's just bright enough to read during the day and at night. It only reads in 24 hr though, which is no issue. And it's in mint condition through and through. And no, I don't have my antenna installed yet for the TX-11a. :rolleyes:

p2688903131-5.jpg

I have one of those Atmos Jaeger LeCoultre
clocks that I inherited from my Aunt. Sit's on the mantle. I always admired it since I was a kid. Beautiful piece of engineering and a work of art.

BillWojo

That HP59309A (at the lower right in Adam's pic) is also an interesting clock (although kind of off-topic for this thread).
59309A-40.jpg

Talk about your spouse acceptance factor, wowza!
Yeah, the styling of that HP clock is a bit of an acquired taste. ;) It's a great clock, other than being a bit ugly, and the digits only being readable from within a couple of feet. Fortunately, I have a few funky digital clocks which offer better readability, though their WAF levels are not a whole lot higher, frankly:

nixieclock1_running.jpg

ledhomebrew.jpg

copal801_small.jpg

gc1000_front2.jpg

Ok, got me going, I'm going to have to dig and pull out my Mystery Clock and put it on display again in the classroom. Those dang teenagers can't tell analog time as it is, this will spur their curiosity!

Seriously... I never understood why people have a clock around the stereo system. Who wants to watch the time while listening to music??? The last thing in the world I want to know is what time it is... but maybe that's just me.

If I want to know the what time it is I'll just look at the clock in the kitchen while I'm grabbing another beer out of the fridge! :)

IMG_6446.JPG

I agree. The Golden Hour clocks are great looking. I've had mine for about 10 years now. I replaced the motor with one of those from eBay, and it has been working perfectly ever since. The glass was cracked when I bought it, but it was still round and in place, so still functional. I eventually ordered a replacement from Timesavers, which was a perfect fit - they have all sorts of replacement parts if needed, and I would absolutely recommend them.

https://timesavers.com/c-325670-clo...hour-golden-minute-golden-helm-golden-vi.html

One of the things I'm still debating is putting on a fresh coat of 'lume' over the radium. From what I understand, and it's been reiterated here, the radium excites the lume, but the lume eventually disintegrates leaving just the radium.

The most promising looking paint looks to be here:

http://unitednuclear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=28_45

I may end up ordering one of their little sample packs which should give plenty of the turquoise/green to redo the numbers/markers/hands, plus plenty left over of other colors to play with! :)

(If you're nerdy like me, you may want to browse around that united nuclear site. They've got all sorts of cool scientific stuff.)

Our bank had a similar model Bulova "electronic" battery clock with different styling in the vault for decades. It was gone the last time I checked my safety deposit box.

Rather than start a new "clock" thread, I thought I'd piggyback on this one.

This is a MasterCrafters Starlight Clock (No. 146) from 1959. I bought it for myself for my birthday a couple days ago. Nice to find something older than me that's still in good shape and working! It is 100% original and cleaned up nicely:

Master_Crafters_Starlight_2.jpg

I'm currently running a pair of Vandersteen 2CEs in my dedicacted vinyl listening space. So, I can't put anything on top of the speakers, but as soon as the little JBL 4301B Control Monitors are back in the rotation, the clock will go on the left speaker to balance out the vintage dual gooseneck lamp on the right:

Boston.jpg

Last edited:
Another cool clock that I no longer have. Its a Lux Robert Shaw Starburst Clock from 1963:

Lux_Clock.jpg

It used to be in the upstairs lounge area at my old place:

Zenith_4.jpg

When I downsized last fall, I consigned several of my items at a local vintage store. The Lux clock was the first thing to sell.

Back
Top Bottom