Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

1. Another of my oddball cassettedecks. An Uher CG 322 Stereo. UHER a brand from 1912 Russian Empire till date which started with watches for the CCCP air force and radios for maritime use military and civil.
This is an hifi deck not a PA or reporter deck.

This Uher for political reasons and marketing was since 1962 exclusively branded as a Bavarian BRD west German electronics brand due to the cold war period! Although as early as 1926 Uher Moscow started a factory in Munich Bavaria Germany for radios for the German Weimar republic army under the brand Uher / Telefunken (from which technics is 1959 western market commercial consumer brand spinoff and also telefunken in first instance)

Therefore this deck says at the back its made in Munich BRD west Germany by Uher. But it wasn't made in west Germany during the lare 70's early 80's but in Moscow at the sputnik werke/factory. The Telefunken derivatives, not exactly the same as from the early high com period, and Schneider Vietta and grundig models and all made in Germany France and Portugal.

Also all other Uher amps speakers receivers tuners reel to reels etc etc are were resp. made in the Russian empire; later CCCP and current Russian federation (car stereo, speakers, clocks fridges air conditioners etc ). As far as I know military Uher stuff is not being made anymore although in the russian navy some hardware is still Uher
branded and still made! Uber makes nuclear subs you see LOL.

Uher was an sowjet union and afterwards high end hifi electronics proff. Audio brand also in Germany and France and north America and Japan south america and south Africa mozambique. Lesser advanced versions lookalike versions of this deck and same style other non Uher branded audio components are although also made in former commy eastern block in any sense but real Uher products. Although the former eastern block had some other outstanding hifi brands using older technoligy than the CCCP's leading tech and semiconductor giant Uher.

In nato western europe and Japan just for the colapse of the CCCP every reporter Used an always in russia designed made Uher tapedeck. Till Uher CCCP designed the follow up portable reporter cassettedeck always branded Philips or Marantz also in the stil existing CCCP Uher as private sector electronics brand went commy style bankrupt due to chernobil desaster of which Uher was designer owner. Uher became consumer electronics exclusivly rebranded technics which was an alread an Uher export brand devission since 1952.

There russian plans to resurect Uher as consumer hifi brand with russian republic based manifacturing!

WP_20171212_04_37_29_Rich.jpg WP_20171212_04_33_05_Rich.jpg

The deck is now 99% ok after I overhauld the stuck tape drive mechanism.
Issues stil to be adressed by me is i think just a blown resistor in signal path left VU meter (meter hardly moves as you can see on picture; but sound is all on spec on both channels) and replace blown lights with new bulbs or leds in both VU meters !

Last edited:
I can't find a picture of my B-77 HS or my Ampex 300-4 at the moment. Picture from the 60's shows a Revox A-77 Mk II and an Ampex F-4460 that has been set up for 2 trk record and 2 trk 1/4 trk playback. The next picture from the late 60's has a Uher portable in its secret case with built in mic. The F-4460 again and a Ampex AG 350-2/4 HS professional SS Image16-70.jpg tape deck This picture from 1970 Show the F-4460 and a Portable HS Ampex Ag500-2/4. Of course every Ampex was portable. throw it a anvil case with handle with a furniture dolly and you were ready to travel. Image3-68.jpg Image8-68.jpg

1. Another of my oddball cassettedecks. An Uher CG 322 Stereo. UHER a brand from 1912 Russian Empire till date which started with watches for the CCCP air force and radios for maritime use military and civil.....
This Uher for political reasons and marketing was since 1962 exclusively branded as a Bavarian BRD west German electronics brand due to the cold war period! Although as early as 1926 Uher Moscow started a factory in Munich Bavaria Germany .......
Uher was an sowjet union and afterwards high end hifi electronics proff. ....

What on Earth are you talking about ?
Just to keep in line with what you've said: That's Fake News.
UHER is a German brand
Edmond Uher was born in Hungary and that has nothing to do with CCCP, Moskow or Soviets.

This is my UHER CG 361 from 1976.

7315163_1_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!!! Very nice gear everyone...I am new to this forum... I just took my old jvc out of hibernation! She still sounds great!
Amp Marantz- 2245
Tape deck -JVC KD-A77
Speakers- B&W CDM SE 1 and my all time favorite FRAZIER speakers

Attachments

• IMG_20180103_183220.jpg
    IMG_20180103_183220.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20171229_142847.jpg
    IMG_20171229_142847.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 35
A new year of even number is a good time to mix decks around a bit between home and storage, run them, and do some lube and basic service. These 4 are ready to go back into the locker so I can grab others. "Use them or lose them" as they say. Anyways, with no snow here, I've got nothing better to do.
Also don't forget new batteries in those CO and smoke detectors!
IMG_6724.JPG

Early 60's Denon 3 motor tube reel to reel. I haven't seen another nor been able to find much on it. I do know it was brought back from Japan by a serviceman. I know Denon used to make this one for Griffin as I was told by someone on another forum. Would love a schematic I recapped it and it sounds better than I would imagine. Very heavy, built like a tank.

s-l1600_zps2vxeru6h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
s-l1600_zps2vxeru6h.jpg
s-l1600%203_zpsbljq3jij.jpg

Back
Top Bottom