Any model train enthusiasts?

My nieces boyfriend is THE go to tile guy around here, flippin artistry in motion, I'll ask him if he knows any products to change the shade, I'd imagine there's a dye or something nowdays.
I expected the sealant to be absorbed into the stone but not after 5 coats. Maybe sealing with 3 coats then a coat or two of wax buffed would do.

I’m thinking of basing my layout on part of the Edinburgh to Carlisle line that Dr. Beaching closed down.
I’ll have to alter the card kit signal box kit as the one just past the Steele Road station has a chimney but that’s all part of the fun.

300682AA-9FE8-470E-A8E0-470F038361F8.jpeg
234BC3F9-07CC-420F-B67A-2E164CBE9D72.jpeg

Actually its the "Pathfinder" from American Flyer. Its a 4-8-4 with semi-vanderbilt tender. I had the same set for Christmas 1959. Sold off everything in 1984 so my dad could build an HO empire.
Correction. The 336 is 4-8-4.

Back in the late 1980's Allen Keller produced model railroad tour videotapes. One of the best scenery layouts was Harry Clarks "Indian River Valley". It was modeled after the B&O. Harry Clark's nationally famous model train layout which has been carefully relocated to the new Connellsville Canteen Coffee Shop. The 25 x 50 display takes up its own room in the new building. A majority of the objects in this layout are scratchbuilt, as Harry Clark was actually a carpenter by trade. Harry Clark passed away in 2012 at age 91.

https://www.modelrailroadacademy.com/video/touring-indian-creek-valley-railroad-014227/

Just started an LGB build in my buddies basement 26' x 26'.

I talked him into getting it off the floor. At 66 he isn’t a spring chicken any more. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4861.JPG
    IMG_4861.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
As I mentioned above - I do not have my model train anymore. There is only one steam engine of my childhood left (the smallest on the picture).

Here you see

Märklin Gauge "0", 1931, formerly owned by my father and my uncle
Märklin Gauge "H0", 1962, formerly owned by my father and my brother
Märklin Gauge "Z", purchased by myself in 1974

002.JPG

Last edited:
I was only planning on having it up once a year from after Thanksgiving until New Years so I wouldn't need a super fancy layout, but the fussy track work may be an issue, my eyes are going and I have a little shake in my hands. I thought N gauge would be the way to go since it appears to be small and light and wouldn't take up much room, but I may have to rethink this......

You can buy ready made layouts. Kinda pricy though. They’re advertised in the likes of Hornby magazine etc.

Back
Top Bottom