What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Cutesy retail vocabulary.

You're an employee. Not a team member or an associate or any other fancy word. Is this a law firm? Are you getting paid $220 per hour to fax stuff due to pre-Cambrian obligations that don't recognize email as a valid means of communication? No? Then you're not an associate.

I'm a customer. Not a guest. I feel like I should go into the break room, help myself to some snacks out of their fridge,, turn the TV to a different channel and incredibly loud, and then use the toilet and forget to flush. Hey, I'm a guest, you don't want to be rude to me!

Also related: the tendency to oblige "perky/friendly" customer service behaviour. Solve my problem, ideally without having to involve a chain of managers reaching all the way to the CFO. That will make me happier than any amount of calling me by my name and wishing me a happy Administrative Professional's Day Eve ever could.

Threads on AK discussing favorite music or similar wherein posters feel obliged to put up video of their chosen artists or performances.

Guys, just use your words. Chances are I'm already more than familiar with your entry (don't really need to hear "Sweet Home Alabama" for umpteen trillionth time) and if I need or want elaboration I can Google it. The videos just serve to clutter up my browser and slow down my computer.

Last edited:
Theads on AK discussing favorite music or similar wherein posters feel obliged to put up video of their chosen artists or performances.

Guys, just use your words. Chances are I'm already more than familiar with your entry (don't really need to hear "Sweet Home Alabama" for umpteen trillionth time) and if I need or want elaboration I can Google it. The videos just serve to clutter up my browser and slow down my computer.

People complaining about theads. And browsers. And music vids. And particular songs. And bases opinion on 'chances'. And discussing clutter.

:):jump::):jump::):jump::):jump::):jump::):jump::):jump::)

Something has changed. Both Lowes and Home Depot require you to give them your drivers license when you want to return or exchange an inexpensive item such as a small $10 trash can. Granted, I didn’t have a receipt but the item was purchased for cash one week ago so it is still a current stock item. I actually wanted to exchange it for something different and do some additional shopping while I was there. Having to provide the information on my drivers license in order to complete a simple return or exchange is unacceptable to me. I am not about to give up such a source of identity theft to them. Only God knows where that information could go. Home Depot got to keep the $10. I left the store with my trash can and nothing else. I also left with the $250+ in my pocket that they could have had in exchange for a DeWalt or Wilwaukee tool kit that I have my eye on.

They just don’t get it. Customer service and customer relations, that is. Allowing a customer to leave the store unhappy about the simple exchange of a $10 item is all the proof that is necessary to prove my point. Their new (?) policy discourages me from making future purchases and encourages me to seek their competition.

So my pet peeve is any company that has lost sight of the critical need to provide good customer service and allows counterproductive policies or procedures to get in the way of doing so.

Blame the opioid crisis, it's unreal what kind of nonsense people get up to just to make a few bucks, ends up costing retailers a ton of money, and then coming back to people like you and me with increased prices and rules like giving driver's license info. They need to establish a pattern of the same D/L returning stolen items, or etc. Dishonest people always ruin things for everyone else!

Cutesy retail vocabulary.

You're an employee. Not a team member or an associate or any other fancy word. Is this a law firm? Are you getting paid $220 per hour to fax stuff due to pre-Cambrian obligations that don't recognize email as a valid means of communication? No? Then you're not an associate.

I'm a customer. Not a guest. I feel like I should go into the break room, help myself to some snacks out of their fridge,, turn the TV to a different channel and incredibly loud, and then use the toilet and forget to flush. Hey, I'm a guest, you don't want to be rude to me!

Also related: the tendency to oblige "perky/friendly" customer service behaviour. Solve my problem, ideally without having to involve a chain of managers reaching all the way to the CFO. That will make me happier than any amount of calling me by my name and wishing me a happy Administrative Professional's Day Eve ever could.
I interviewed for an assistant manager position for a regional convenience store chain. There was enough pet peevery there to write a book including being made to wait almost 20 minutes for my interview. However, I digress.

Customers were "guests." Cashiers were "hosts" and "hostesses." This highfalutin hot shot regional boss was in there telling me how the company's priority wasn't to make money, but to make "the guest" happy. Oh, by the way, the job of a "host" or "hostess" was more important than his job! If the owners called him and said either he had to go or a "host" or "hostess" had to go, he would tell them to fire him because he didn't know the "guests" as well, and "guests" are a priority. Okay, if it's not important to make money, and my satisfaction is more important, send me home with enough fried chicken and biscuits to last me a month! :naughty:

When people try to defuse an inflammatory comment, obviously meant to annoy or offend, by posting a bunch of smiley dudes. That doesn't make what you said funny. If you want to piss somebody off, either do it and suffer the consequences or don't bother at all.

On a positive note I went to Wally World to exchange an air mattress that was leaking.I had the box but not the receiptt but I got an even exchange no muss no fuss....the way most transaction should be,

I didn't read 196 pages, but if for some reason it hasn't been mention it's the assholes who empty the breakroom coffee pot and don't brew a fresh one for the next guy.
Litmus test for a self absorbed sociopath who cares for no one but themselves...

20180511_100249-1.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't read 196 pages, but if for some reason it hasn't been mention it's the assholes who empty the breakroom coffee pot and don't brew a fresh one for the next guy.
Litmus test for a self absorbed sociopath who cares for no one but themselves...

You might consider decaf.

I don't even drink coffee ,I despise it but at work id never let the pots go dry.I was in the office way more than the other guys as that was part of my work place so why not.Those bunn coffee machines were great as at my job they made at least 12 pots a day 365 days a year for years!

NextDoor neighborhood forums used to be kinda useful to keep up with local topics, alerts, get togethers, helping neighbors out.

Now, it's just getting plain weird with bizarre, kooky, paranoid replies to noises, strange cars, airplane contrails, loose dogs, pet stealing hawks.

I feel like King Arthur in Monty Python's Holy Grail...Camelot....no, its a silly place.

Back
Top Bottom