"You like apples?"
"...Yeah..."
"Well, I got her number! How d'ya like them apples?"

Pink Flamingoes (1972).

Another softball. This classic exchange:

"You like apples?"
"...Yeah..."
"Well, I got her number! How d'ya like them apples?"

Okay, that is a softball: Good Will Hunting.

How about: "We operate on a first-name basis. My first name is Captain."

How about another quote from the same movie to speed things along:

"I once killed a man called Jones. Though not for that reason, of course."

I edited my correct response post to add in the other quote for next person to ID.

Last edited:
Yes! McGoohan is fantastic in that movie.

I love:
Ernest Borgnine: "You have a distrustful character"
Patrick McGoohan: "I have no character. I assume one"

EDIT: not going out of turn, just continuing the riff on Ice Station Zebra.

I haven't read the whole thread so please forgive me if this has been previously mentioned. My all-time favorite movie quote is by Clint Eastwood (of course) from Magnum Force: Man's got to know his limitations.
You need to read Post #1 in this thread, which spells out the (very simple) rules of play....

Hint for the quote:
"What makes you so sure there are no flying saucers"

Said by one of my favorite character actors, in a movie NOT about flying saucers.

Is this "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms"? Sorry can't name the actor.

How about "Always with the negative waves Moriarity".

_Kelly's Heroes_, Donald Sutherland's greatest performance, and the best movie for audiophile tank buffs.

"Freak of nature, born with a certain form of ESP; derangement of the synapses which we call telepathy."

_Kelly's Heroes_, Donald Sutherland's greatest performance, and the best movie for audiophile tank buffs.

"Freak of nature, born with a certain form of ESP; derangement of the synapses which we call telepathy."
Paul Ruth in Scanners (1981).

"Now, a few words on looking for things: When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because, of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. But when you go looking for anything at all, you're chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Paul Ruth in Scanners (1981).

"Now, a few words on looking for things: When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because, of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. But when you go looking for anything at all, you're chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Daryl Zero in 'Zero Effect'! One of my favorite movies and far and away the best modern reboot of the Sherlock Holmes character.

New Quote:
"Morbius, something is approaching from the southwest. ..."

Back
Top Bottom