MX110Z outer glass restoration

psychoaudio

I didn't do it
Subscriber
I’m trying to help out a friend with his MX110Z with with the black film or paint removed from the glass. 562179AB-D195-415E-9E4A-3E69895A9063.jpeg Any DIY ideas to restore this?

Is there a place I can send the glass for restoration ? Glass is in one piece..Thanks guys!

(Blue tape is covering the clear part of the glass)

Last edited:
My plan is to mask off the clear area and spray paint it, several good coats. A razor blade can shave paint from where it shouldn't be (and remove the remnants from the glass before painting).

My plan is to mask off the clear area and spray paint it, several good coats. A razor blade can shave paint from where it shouldn't be (and remove the remnants from the glass before painting).

keeping it straight is key..or the flaws will show unfortunately I dont have a firm hand and sadly not very crafty.

As Terry reported years ago.......Rustoleum gloss back applied with a flat blade screwdriver works best. Any pin holes or thin spots can be fixed after it has cured overnight. I found with a brush the brush strokes can be very evident as thin spots.

I know that troweling it on seems uncouth but it works best, just think on yourself as a high end portrait painter......just don't mess with your ear you will need it for listening.

If not black enough, pour off some unshaken top layer from the can, then shake well to raise the black pigment ratio.

The "blackness" has varied a bit over different production runs and age fading of the silkscreen applied paint/ink.

Best I could do with blue painters tape and paint. I couldn’t get the lines perfect no matter how hard I tried B98296F7-2B89-4876-8FD9-167CF4CB463F.jpeg

Last edited:
will be trying again today using yellow frog tape..it apparently blocks paint from bleeding past the outline .

I wonder if you wouldn't get better results by removing the paint with an X-acto knive and a straight edge after it dries rather than using painters tape. I've never tried it, but just a thought.

I wonder if you wouldn't get better results by removing the paint with an X-acto knive and a straight edge after it dries rather than using painters tape. I've never tried it, but just a thought.

Yes it’s a great idea. Unfortunately I don’t have a steady hand. I can’t keep the straight edge straight..

Back
Top Bottom