I'm just glad it's Friday!

eiraved

Plane Whisperer
Subscriber
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not quite at the age where I can get full SS bennies and retire. I'm at the minimum retirement age and I so look forward to Friday. I enjoy the weekends where I can work on my equipment, play with the grandkids and delve into everything else I have an interest in. I know exactly what I'll be doing when retirement comes and it can't come soon enough!

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, so get it out of your system and let us know how you feel!

The first thing I'll do when I retire is get a job. NO, REALLY! I want to drive a delivery truck for NAPA, on a part time basis. It will get me out of the house, at least for a few days a week, and be able to interact with real people too. Although it does not pay too much, (already checked). The little extra cash will be welcome. Counting down since last May.

I've been doing freelance work for many years. Don't particularly care for it either. Considering adding a full-time job to the mix so I can boost up the retirement savings, since I don't trust SS will be around when I'm ready to retire.

I'll be 62 in April, and have already "officially" retired, (read: forced to retire at the end of 2016), but hope to hold off collecting SS until I am 64 or 65. I keep thinking about picking up a job, maybe part time, but after a year of not caring what day it is, I kinda like not working.

I made a deal with the wife, that if she goes to work full time, I will take care of the house. Cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry, vet runs, etc. She did and I am. After 33 years working at the same place, 25 in management, I am digging this deal. Turns out, I really like cooking. Creating meals for others is very satisfying, and it sure makes my wife happy.

I still like Fridays though. Wife usually gets out early, and we get to spend the weekend together.

Considering adding a full-time job to the mix so I can boost up the retirement savings, since I don't trust SS will be around when I'm ready to retire.
Same here brother, which is why I do the side stuff I like doing while making a few bucks on the side.
Since it's Friday, me and the wife will get a take-out meal today and relax at home with a couple of drinks (both for me :biggrin:).

Back
Top Bottom