Subscriber membership. What is it and how do you become one

Hey- I am planning to re-up online for the first time (I always had sent in checks in the past).

However, I am now wondering- is it possible to pay online with a M/C, if I don't have a Paypal account myself?

Also, are we still at the couple hours warning when the subscription expires? Fortunately, mine expires on a Sunday, when I can probably be on it pretty readily...

Regards,
Gordon.

Having trouble renewing my subscription, if I go under my Account Upgrades I do not find anything that says Subscriptions.

Please advise
Thanks

Just a couple of words to our subscribers

Thanks, very much, for the support.

The Account Upgrades section of your profile panel holds the renewal link, but it does not appear until very close to your expiry time. Think hours rather than days. (Yeah, I know, but I haven't found any way to extend the time. Yet.)

Re-upped, would like to regain access to Barter Town. I need to thin the herd due to recent flood-related damage to my house. No equipment lost, just need to pay fro very expensive damage that my insurance won't cover. Would rather sell yo a fellow AK'er than to some Flea bay flipper.

Re-upped, would like to regain access to Barter Town. I need to thin the herd due to recent flood-related damage to my house. No equipment lost, just need to pay fro very expensive damage that my insurance won't cover. Would rather sell yo a fellow AK'er than to some Flea bay flipper.

The Account Upgrades section of your profile panel holds the renewal link, but it does not appear until very close to your expiry time. Think hours rather than days. (Yeah, I know, but I haven't found any way to extend the time. Yet.)
There may be improvements in xenForo 2.0 in that department (which should be rolled out later this year). If not, it might be a good thing for the suggestion box. I'll have to remember to take a look.

I re-upped in March, I think. I'm good for a while now. :thumbsup:

My subscription ended today - just a little while ago in fact. I did renew once I saw that my subscription had expired. HOWEVER -

1. I never received any sort of notice that it was about to expire; and
2. I was not able to renew in advance, not even an hour or so.

A renewal link never appeared for me - until after my account had expired.

I was checking every hour or so this evening. No renewal link before expiration. Didn't happen.

I hate to complain, but I find this to be rather frustrating.

First, thanks for the support.

Second, I don't always see the same AK as a regular member, or subscriber. My Account upgrades link tells me, to the minute, when my subscription expires. Does it do the same for you? Either through the start time, or the end time?

It did tell me, to the minute, when my subscription expired.

I was on here a few times after the expiration time and there was still no link to renew - it just said "Expires Today at 5:45 PM". Finally, after 8:30pm EDT, I checked again and it said my subscription had expired and asked if I wanted to renew.

I just checked, and now it says "Expires: Jun 10, 2018 at 8:55 PM".

Some years ago I prolonged my subscription until February, 2020. However it would be reassuring to know getting a mail timely when my subscription is running out.

How does one renew before expiration?

The "Account Upgrades" link just says I have another few days remaining.

Must I wait to renew until the subscription expires?

Must I wait to renew until the subscription expires?

Yes you do - just be patient - allow your subscription to expire, and I think I am right to say you get about a day in which to re-subscribe - the link in 'account upgrades' doesn't become 'live' until then.

Yes you do - just be patient - allow your subscription to expire, and I think I am right to say you get about a day in which to re-subscribe - the link in 'account upgrades' doesn't become 'live' until then.

I just figured why let it expire. I renew my car registration and inspection before the last day.

Ok. I'll add it to the calendar, then.

Thank you for the explanation.

I'm pretty sure it's a limitation of the forum system.

Renewals are activated the next time the scheduled task runs which processes the renewals in a batch. So, that is why there is a delay.

Back
Top Bottom