Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Listening via my Sennheiser HD 599s + Schiit Magni 3 + Modi 2 to Vivaldi's La Cetra (specifically the Concerto #5 in A minor):

MI0001048478.jpg

Good stuff :D

Before And After Science.jpg

A little before Christmas I joined a Massdrop for a couple of pairs of Venture Electronics Monk Plus earbuds. They were only $5 a set, but the reviews said they weren't just good for the money, they were good, period. Figured one pair would make a fun, cheap gift for our son, and I'd try the other.

They finally arrived this morning so it's early days, but I'm struck by how much clarity these things have. I don't really like earbuds (and find IEMs uncomfortable) but these may be the exception. In any event, I'm eager to listen more and am excited by headphones for the first time in a while. Right now, as noted above, Eno's "Before And After Science," streamed from Spotify onto a Lenovo T420 running Ubuntu 16.04. Nothing fancy, just plugging the earbuds directly into the laptop.

s.

Pink Floyd 1965-67.JPG

I really don't care about Pink Floyd, but was a little fascinated when they started excavating the unreleased cuts/live material from the group's early years. This is ur-Floyd, as a British blues/pop band transmogrifying into the first recognisable version of the group.

Listening on Windows 10 laptop, with the VE Monk Plus earbuds, straight outta the headphone jack.

s.

Listening to Jimi Hendrix Live at Fillmore East (NYE 1969)...what a great show. Also listening on my Christmas Gift....the one and only Grado SR80e! These are my first open cans, and wow am I impressed. Now I see why people will plug in phones to their receiver and chill out. I got the fireplace going, turntable spinning, headphones on, and imagination running!! These cans do feel a little fragile, but for the amazing price, I'm not complaining one bit.
We all need some down time good music a glass of wine .

Listening to Jimi Hendrix Live at Fillmore East (NYE 1969)...what a great show. Also listening on my Christmas Gift....the one and only Grado SR80e! These are my first open cans, and wow am I impressed. Now I see why people will plug in phones to their receiver and chill out. I got the fireplace going, turntable spinning, headphones on, and imagination running!! These cans do feel a little fragile, but for the amazing price, I'm not complaining one bit.
Down time with good music it's good for us all, I like a little wine with my music.

Shawn Phillips "Contribution" thru AKG-K240s. Probably the first time I've listened to this fine album in twenty five years. Sounding good.

Shawn Phillips- Contribution.JPG

Back
Top Bottom