Coffee. Anything coffee related.

are we doing coffee grinders now?
This is the model that I managed to spill caffee all over with, when I decided to take the jar off, to move the grinder (morning; before coffee), due to an outlet issue (raised it ugly head again this morning; off to Home Depot for a new outlet)..
KitchenAid:
KitchenAid-KCG0702OB-Burr-Coffee-Grinder-Onyx-Black-3-hires.jpg

For when it snows and we have a blackout, this is my new rig: Punker (Sweden) alcohol boat stove and a Bialetti Moka. Alcohol stoves run on denatured and are mostly CO free. The major combustion byproducts are H2O & CO2 which makes them safe when sealed up in a boat cabin underway. They are not pressurized but provide a near propane stove level flame. You prime and burn under the feed tube which vaporizes the fuel and once running thermal feedback keeps it going. This one is from the 1940s -

Eny1qkD.jpg

JLQSF74.jpg

Flame propagation under teakettle -

NOP5nvL.jpg

JdN0edU.jpg

I also have a vintage hand grinder similar to the one in the backspash tile if I need it.

This went good with the coffee...

4GP2NgU.jpg

This is my latest mill. I picked it up at an auction a few months back. No more electricity for me. I use this with my french press.

5a7f5c7d97cd6b96603ba02d29de0290.jpg

I assume that once you buy such an old item, that you need to run a 1lb or more of white rice through it to clean it.
Or is there a better way to clean such thing?
I am not sure if you can open it up to see the full internals, to see how clean they are.

I would love to buy one of those if I thought I could get it clean before using it for coffee grinding again.

I assume that once you buy such an old item, that you need to run a 1lb or more of white rice through it to clean it.
I am not sure if you can open it up to see the full internals, to see how clean they are.

I would love to buy one of those if I thought I could get it clean before using it for coffee grinding again.
Mine was converted to a lamp...everything was there thankfully. I just removed the lamp parts inspected everything, cleaned it up with soap and water and put it in use. Everything is cast iron including the grinding burrs. I ran a few rounds of coffee through and it has been in use ever since.

Where do you think the good coffee flavor comes from?:rolleyes:

I have never used any of these coffee soaps.
But I read they are actually very good.
The coffee grounds help in the scrubbing action.
I have read they are a bit scratchy on the skin though.
Maybe they need to use a finer grind? :D
Coffee tends to remove offensive smells, and coffee smells nice on its own.

LOL . I was looking for a coffee can full of fishing worms on google images. This popped up. Never tried any as well.

Back
Top Bottom