Still freaking cold in Iowa

Greetings from Montreal, Canada.

IMG_E8525.JPG

This translates to -7.6F (with windchill: -43.6F) on the Fahrenheit scale for our friends to the south.

A little better than last week where it had dipped to -26C ambient with same windchill value.

Brutal!

Were under a wind chill advisory till noon Saturday.

Going to -2 with winds.
'Tis -3 in St. Clair Shores at the moment, and we're not even the coldest spot in the area. I may head out tomorrow to see how the shantytowns are doing out on the lake. ;)

Screenshot_20180106-235609-01.jpeg

47°C yesterday in Sydney, Australia. That's over 116°F.

I may head out tomorrow to see how the shantytowns are doing out on the lake. ;)

Oh wow, I forgot they even did that. Frankly I think it sounds like a lot of fun!

Oh wow, I forgot they even did that. Frankly I think it sounds like a lot of fun!
Fun for those who like to fish...and those who like to fish in sub-zero temperatures. :D

Never fails though. Some local redneck will get out there when the weather warms up, and end up adrift in Lake St. Clair, when all the sane fishermen have already packed up for the year. ;) Would be even funnier if he drifted over the international border. :D

It warmed up today but we had 13 days in a row with temps staying below freezing. It was close to an all time record but not quite.

It's been warm the last couple of days here in the land of German cowboys. :D
-3° last night, 25° currently, and rising overnight (due to some snow rolling through). I think we're partly out of the worst of it for the next several days.

Far more to this subject than the fraudulent narrative being propagated for entirely questionable reasons. I have been surrounded by or worked within the Environment Industry for over half my life. There is a reason why Al Gore or David Suzuki have never, and will never, debate the subject.
Heck Thucydides noticed and documented similar to your comments above and that was 5th century BCE.
You'd enjoy the documentary narrated by Leonard Nemoy "In Search of: The Coming Ice Age" put out in the 70s by the same people's and groups propagating today.
Read the Vastok Ice Study. You will see that the raw science does not align well with this politically guided narrative...
Instead of insulting and attacking me, why do you open your minds and perform some independent research on the questionable politics behind this subject? You will find, with 100% certainty that the science does not bode well and that something very wrong is going on....that has nothing to do with the Environment...
Going to shovel some Global warming out of my driveway....

Just stop already.
If you want to debate this, goto Politicalchat.org

Still cold in Iowa...well, colder than normal. Might snow this weekend...again?! Give it up already, winter!

The misery lives on here in Michigan also. I saw snow this morning. Tomorrow it's supposed to go to 68°. Then back into the 40s by Saturday. Still way too many cloudy days--I can't handle many more winters like this.

It is going to snow this weekend again still have snow on the ground maybe by fishing opener we will have open water

Last few days here in South Dakota it was in the 60's' Predicting 8-15 inches of snow for this weekend.
Have to put motorcycle away and get snow blower back near garage door.
Sigh....

Back
Top Bottom