Roseanne Again Noooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather see a reboot of McCloud with Woody Harrelson in the part.
Even a reboot of My Favorite Martian would be better.

Roseanne and company RUINED that show in its last year.
Roseanne is just a loudmouth has been these years.
All those who are rejoined the show are committing career suicide.
Are they gonna have David married to Darlene or Becky?
What about Mark? What about Arnie?
I'll be watching something else.

In the entertainment press there seems to be some sort of controversy about a child actor playing the part of a very young Roseanne. The stink is about the child "crossdressing" I have no idea why and I don't care. I know I am not going to be one of the 3 people that watch this show.

I would rather see a reboot of Married With Children done but that probably would not work either. It seems whenever they bring any show back, the original vibe that people felt is gone

I gave up on TV in the 90s.

The crap between the commercials is only there to "sell eyeballs".
Whatever gets people to see the commercials is the objective.
The garbage between the commercials tells me a lot about the people on this planet.
I am ashamed and embarrassed by it and a little scared by what it indicates about people.

The garbage between the commercials tells me a lot about the people on this planet.
I am ashamed and embarrassed by it and a little scared by what it indicates about people.
I can tolerate and actually like SOME shows, but the commercials absolutely ruin it for me. They piss me off bad enough that I haven't turned the TV in my bedroom on in over a month. If it wasn't for my mom, who has the idiot box on 24/7, I'd have the dish shut off so fast it'd make your head spin. Almost $110 a month for the garbage that is pumped in is bull shit.:rant:

Pretty much agree with all this. I mostly watch the dot2 and 3 channels on the antenna these days. And the current trend in commercials to always make the white guy a complete idiot burns me up too. I suppose most people don't pay that much attention but being a white guy, I sure see it. The woman is smart, intuitive, in controll, the black guy is laid back, uber cool, modern.

I gave up on it years ago.. if I had to put a date on it I'd say 1975.. remember watching something... think it was Green Acres, but could have been most anything, and saying to myself.. why am I watching this.. one month later the TV was on the curb and reading and activity took it's place.. best thing I ever did. It was 2006 before a TV entered the realm again in the form of a 50" Pioneer Plasma because of the new technology and one show I actually enjoyed at a friends place... the show House... loved that show. After that came Blu ray players, concerts, special series, the latest being Game of Thrones and Vikings.. then there is Deadwood and Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy, etc.. once in a while a Hollywood release. Other than those series, which I binge watch on Blu ray, the TV hardly goes on. Along with the Pioneer Plasma and the new technology came a renewed interest in audio and vinyl, music in general and high performance components. And I am with you about the garbage between the commercials and what it says about the people on this planet.. and in the time between when I quit watching and now, the beat kept going and continued to get worse.. became much worse by my observation. Maybe there's a correction taking place in the pendulum swing.. for the future of those who will survive me I hope so.

If it wasn't for college football, I could easily give it all up. 2 small kids and cartoons,,It affords me a little peace. I thought the husband died of a damn heart attack on that series anyway..

Last edited:
And the current trend in commercials to always make the white guy a complete idiot burns me up too. I suppose most people don't pay that much attention but being a white guy, I sure see it. The woman is smart, intuitive, in controll, the black guy is laid back, uber cool, modern.
Unfortunately, it's not a new trend. My dad stated the EXACT same thing almost 20 years ago. It is pretty insulting at times.:no:

It was a funny show and gave us John Goodman.
:thumbsdown: I could never stand it, and especially him.
... And the current trend in commercials to always make the white guy a complete idiot burns me up too. I suppose most people don't pay that much attention but being a white guy, I sure see it. The woman is smart, intuitive, in controll, the black guy is laid back, uber cool, modern.
:thumbsup:

Other than Netflix it's Mash, Seinfeld, the original Perry Mason series, Boston Legal (Denny Crane, name on the door lol), and one new show, Life in Pieces.

Other than the above, history channel, discovery channel, and sports.

DVR allows skipping the inane commercials.

All that said, it's the rare occasion the music is off and the tv on.

Come on people. The early roseanne shows were good. I would have to agree whenever there is a reboot from a show or even a movie the vibe is lost. I am surprised Hawaii 5-0 is still on and lethal weapon too. I got rid of tv years ago so i wouldnt have to put up with commercials. Now i have my tv connected to a media device and i can choose what i wanna watch.
One thing i cant seem to avoid is all the damn youtube ads these days.

I'm so out of it I didn't even realize there was a reboot. I agree with FONSguy. "Roseanne is just a loudmouth has been these years."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom