Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Nice setup, mikeszx81. And the sonics on that RHCP album are simply outrageous. The shift away from the funk-laden foundational groove laid by Flea on the bass towards Frusciante's more introspective work on the guitar makes it quite the listen.
Yes love this album

Thanks, me too. I've had a lot of different systems over the years but the Sonneteer stuff is just so satisfying to listen to and also to use and live with. Very easy on the eye too.

They have an upward facing Kevlar bass unit and a forward firing Vifa D27 tweeter. The cabinets are lined with carbon fibre and then perforated steel with a rubberised adhesive layer between them. Bass unit is crossover-less with just a resistor and cap on the tweeter,

Last edited:
Rather small bedroom at 8 x 10 and tried some bookshelf speakers, Gemme Tonic G3s but find the Boston acoustic T830s more to my liking, they are on some short 6" tall tilted stands which have helped - definitely a case of near field listening as getting anywhere near the opposing wall introduces overly emphasized low frequencies.

Overall I do enjoy the set up - Dynaco SCA 210R ( Asian market ) integrated amplifier and Rotel RCD 855 cd player plus plenty of streaming from the computer and You Tube music/movies.

wdkUJmg.jpg

1h380Tb.jpg

This weekend I made my wood "enclosures" for the Owens Corning 703 and 705 insulation I bought. Right now they are just thrown up on the wall because I was tired and just wanted to have a listen and get the positioning right. Soon, I will mount standoffs on the back of the panels so that there is more of an air gap between them and the wall.
I still have 2 more panels of 2" 705 and three more 1" 703 to find something to do with. I'm thinking that I will have one on the wall in front of my desk/chair, possibly straddling the ceiling and the wall to maximize the air gap. and one hanging from the ceiling over my listening position. But alas, I am out of wood (and motivation), so those will have to wait.

On the wall there are four 2" of 703 panels and the ones in the floor in the corners are 2" 705. I put some foam in some possible reflection spots and on the corners of the room to give it that extra 'amateur' look. :rflmao:

ed4uZPN.jpg

LhF4Qv9.jpg

The room sounds pretty good. Certainly an improvement. While I never bothered to get an actual graph of the frequency response of this room at my listening position, it's pretty obvious how some bass is quieter than I am used to and some is louder. I also notice having to turn the volume up louder for the same perceived loudness.

I sold my big JBL's a few weeks ago and have been without speakers for about a month....but look what my buddy brought over and stuffed in my little stereo room as a loaner until I decide what to buy....:rflmao:

I think my whole apartment is too small for these lumps, not just my little room.

My wife walked in, took one look at them and said " they look like octopus tentacles, put the covers on them" and walked out.

Attachments

• IMAG0385.jpg
    IMAG0385.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom