Another FM antenna thread, sorta

Lavane

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I recently bought a new home and brought my outdoor 1/2 wave omni antenna with me. I plan on mounting it to a chimney. I already have two cables coming through the wall near my stereo equipment. One for interwebs and one for satellite tv. I really dont want to bore another hole in the wall, or floor. I remember RS selling a flat copper tape with connectors on each and for mounting in a Window track or sill. Does anyone know the proper name for it or if it can still be found?

They are still available and can vary in price.

upload_2018-1-8_13-37-21.png

The Diamond Antenna device is a quality unit, FYI, it is designed for 50 Ohm feed line and comes with SO-239 connectors rather than F type connectors.

A very quick search using F- Type RG6 Flat Under Window Cable returns a number of hits. Google is you friend.

They are still available and can vary in price.

View attachment 1084384

The Diamond Antenna device is a quality unit, FYI, it is designed for 50 Ohm feed line and comes with SO-239 connectors rather than F type connectors.

A very quick search using F- Type RG6 Flat Under Window Cable returns a number of hits. Google is you friend.
Thanks! I just didn't know what to call the thing. And I remembered the RS version being kinda cheezy, bare copper with some adhesive on the back.

There used to be a window connector that had two large aluminum disks on each side of the thickness of the glass and terminals with twin-lead spacing. The disks acted as capacitor plates and there was no need to make any hole in the house to bring signal in. I think the spread of double-pane glass may have made this disappear but you may still find someone with stock somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom