Caught a UFO on Camera

toddalin

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Last Sunday a friend helped me pick up a pair of JBL 18" speakers/cabinets and afterwards we were sitting out in the back yard shooting the breeze. Then he asks me pointing up to the west in the distance "What's that???"

I look up and in the distance I can see something shimmering, like a mylar balloon..., but not like a mylar balloon. It was a breezy day (Santa Anas) and this thing was slowly "tumbling in place" but wasn't going much of anywhere. We watched it for about 20 minutes before it went out of sight. You could see the light reflect off of it and it seemed to cast a shadow on itself.

I got the binoculars and told Linda to bring out her camera to capture it. This is with a 500 mm lens on a Nikon D750 and blown up.

Certainly not the blimp and not like anything we've ever seen before.
smiley-surprised.gif

Also, would had have to have been very large and distant, or it would visibly get smaller as it moved. And I can't imagine it's a mylar balloon or it would have been moving in the open air. Anyway, it would not be like any mylar balloon we've ever seen.

ufo2.jpg

UFO1.jpg

The truth IS out there. It would appear that someone else saw and reported the same UFO that we did. We are in unincorporated Orange County and Orange is the city immediately to the east of us. This is on the same day and the description fits with what we saw/described.

Someone else in California also reported what could have been the same object as viewed from a distance without binoculars.

Orange, California (United States)
Sighted on Sunday 22. October 2017
Reported on Sunday 22. October 2017
Shape: Cylinder | Duration: 00:15:00
Source: MUFON

We observe the cylinder from the front of my house and it appeared to be quarter-mile away over a canyon. it spun vertically and horizontally but didn’t move from the position overhead for five minutes. it was a gray reflective surface or a black surface depending on how the sun hit it. estimated at 30 feet long and 10 feet wide similar to a cigar tube. it started to rise almost straight up while continuing to turn. add about 1000 feet altitude it change directions and started moving south west. after five minutes it passed over our heads at about 1500 feet and disappeared over our house. my brother and my friend observe the object or 15 or 20 minutes with me and no one has any idea what it really is.

California (United States)
Sighted on Sunday 22. October 2017
Reported on Monday 23. October 2017
Shape: Square, Rectangular | Duration:
Source: MUFON

I was about to get into my car when i looked up and saw a white rectangular object. not sure why i happened to look up at that moment. at first i thought it might be a reflection from a spider web, from tree to tree, but realized it was not. it was way above the tree line, and it moved around (back and forth (as seen in the video). i was baffled and so i took a video thinking maybe i was seeing a reflection from the sun. but it showed up on the video as well. unfortunately, i had to leave so i don't know what happened to the object.

Yah...

How about that object that passed through our solar system last month, spotted by an Hawaiian observatory. Said it was a meteor because of the tail. Only thing is, it’s path wasn’t straight as meteors are. Then this meteor sling-shotted in and out of the suns gravity leaving our solar system faster than it entered. Doesn’t add up...because it bobbed and weaved through the orbit of planets in our solar system.

Also, checkout the object that got close to the International Space Station....on YouTube!!

CLEARLY It's a balloon, (video would have helped) and the stuff that passes the ISS is just that. "stuff". Meteors and human space junk.

Last Sunday a friend helped me pick up a pair of JBL 18" speakers/cabinets and afterwards we were sitting out in the back yard shooting the breeze. Then he asks me pointing up to the west in the distance "What's that???"

I look up and in the distance I can see something shimmering, like a mylar balloon..., but not like a mylar balloon. It was a breezy day (Santa Anas) and this thing was slowly "tumbling in place" but wasn't going much of anywhere. We watched it for about 20 minutes before it went out of sight. You could see the light reflect off of it and it seemed to cast a shadow on itself.

I got the binoculars and told Linda to bring out her camera to capture it. This is with a 500 mm lens on a Nikon D750 and blown up.

Certainly not the blimp and not like anything we've ever seen before.
smiley-surprised.gif

Also, would had have to have been very large and distant, or it would visibly get smaller as it moved. And I can't imagine it's a mylar balloon or it would have been moving in the open air. Anyway, it would not be like any mylar balloon we've ever seen.

ufo2.jpg

UFO1.jpg

That is what is known in the ornithological world as a "Cock" or "Flying Cock" It is easily identified by it's bright coloring. The "Flying Hen" is drab and dull in comparison.

CLEARLY It's a balloon, (video would have helped) and the stuff that passes the ISS is just that. "stuff". Meteors and human space junk.
I'm inclined to believe that. But some of that "stuff" shouldn't be able to make 90° turns. Having said that, I'm still skeptical of it being "Alien" in origin. We give WAY to much credit to some other "higher intelligent" species when clearly we have scary intelligent engineers on planet Earth that think and created some mind warping tech ahead if it's time. Perhaps we have vehicles capable of moving in space much like F-15's in our atmosphere.
It's not unheard of for some inventions(at least on paper) to be hundred years ahead of our time.

I'm inclined to believe that. But some of that "stuff" shouldn't be able to make 90° turns. Having said that, I'm still skeptical of it being "Alien" in origin. We give WAY to much credit to some other "higher intelligent" species when clearly we have scary intelligent engineers on planet Earth that think and created some mind warping tech ahead if it's time. Perhaps we have vehicles capable of moving in space much like F-15's in our atmosphere.
It's not unheard of for some inventions(at least on paper) to be hundred years ahead of our time.

If you've seen the latest active camouflage in action, you would think it's a UFO.

Just check this out

Shout to Toddalin....good job with the camera.

I haven't seen one like this.

I did get a good look at 2 Black Deltas...large, silent triangular shaped things with lights.

If you've seen the latest active camouflage in action, you would think it's a UFO.

Just check this out

That's wicked amazing. With nanotechnology and the way it's able to absorb 99.9% of light and possibly radar I'm not so sure about that we're going to be in new frontiers very soon. They have a material called Vanta black that's able to absorb 99% plus of light. In fact it got to a point where they weren't able to measure the amount of light it was absorbing and not reflecting back.
So when people get excited about possible alien technology I'll raise my glass to a group of genius engineers first. When you have a little boy (his sister too) graduating from one of the Ivy League schools at 8 years old I believe we are quite capable of creating this kind of technology.

9bd19f67a787bab26ddda65e830459e2--retro-futurism-vintage-ads.jpg

Heck, we had Skype in 1964!

Last edited:
I look up and in the distance I can see something shimmering, like a mylar balloon...,

Maybe it was the aluminum dustcap from the JBLs:p

I think I saw a UFO from the beach in Lome.Togo in the 80s. A distant moving light made a hard right angle turn and sped off, pretty weird.

i also saw a red light from my car on a dark highway in Texas. Zoom and it was out of sight. No cars near me, so i don't think it was a reflection on the windshield.

I'm tired of UFOs. I want an IDENTIFIED flying saucer! Never happen though cause they'll see we can't even get along with each other, much less aliens! (Give the poor developmentally disabled humans a few hundred more millenia, then we'll check back):)

Back in November heard a HUGE BOOOOOM literally shake the house. Walls & window shook. Like a thunder clap directly over the house. All the neighbors came out. It was so big my neighbor and I hopped into my car and made a run around the block making sure it wasn't a propane truck or something that blew near us. Yes, it was that loud.
Went on to read other parts of the state heard the same reaction. While I'd like to say unequivocally that no fighter craft would dare fly that low to cause a sonic boom, thus ruling that out, what in heavens aircraft name could have caused such a boom at high altitude? It was intense.

Back in November heard a HUGE BOOOOOM literally shake the house. Walls & window shook. Like a thunder clap directly over the house. All the neighbors came out. It was so big my neighbor and I hopped into my car and made a run around the block making sure it wasn't a propane truck or something that blew near us. Yes, it was that loud.
Went on to read other parts of the state heard the same reaction. While I'd like to say unequivocally that no fighter craft would dare fly that low to cause a sonic boom, thus ruling that out, what in heavens aircraft name could have caused such a boom at high altitude? It was intense.

A hotshot fighter pilot that dared to fly that low. You are ignoring Occam's Razor. That exact scenario would have to be ruled out before you can move on to other much more unlikely scenarios.

It reminds me of the "chupacabra" baloney that was going on here in Miami about 20 years ago. I was a news producer back then and went out to examine a sighting of the supposed creature. The craze was in full swing at that point and I brought a biologist/animal expert from the University of Miami with me to take a look at the tracks that were reported to have been left behind by the crypto-creature and the chicken carcasses. I wasn't alone, as all the local channels had sent cameras and reporters. When we got there, the house turns out to be a full-time care facility for intellectually-challenged individuals or emotionally disturbed (I can't really recall). The person telling the story about witnessing the creature and describing a troll-like being was obviously, and I mean obviously, not in his right mind. The biologist took about 30 seconds to determine that the "chupacabra" was two large dogs after seeing the damage and the PAW PRINTS on the ground. Even I could tell they were dog paws.

You think anyone was interested in the scientist's findings? Nope! Every camera stayed pointed at the mentally unstable individual and that was the only opinion aired that night on TV. Yes it was all in good fun, because none of the reporters there believed it, but this is the kind of thing that sometimes gets taken seriously while the obvious causes are ignored.

A hotshot fighter pilot that dared to fly that low. You are ignoring Occam's Razor. That exact scenario would have to be ruled out before you can move on to other much more unlikely scenarios.

It reminds me of the "chupacabra" baloney that was going on here in Miami about 20 years ago. I was a news producer back then and went out to examine a sighting of the supposed creature. The craze was in full swing at that point and I brought a biologist/animal expert from the University of Miami with me to take a look at the tracks that were reported to have been left behind by the crypto-creature and the chicken carcasses. I wasn't alone, as all the local channels had sent cameras and reporters. When we got there, the house turns out to be a full-time care facility for intellectually-challenged individuals or emotionally disturbed (I can't really recall). The person telling the story about witnessing the creature and describing a troll-like being was obviously, and I mean obviously, not in his right mind. The biologist took about 30 seconds to determine that the "chupacabra" was two large dogs after seeing the damage and the PAW PRINTS on the ground. Even I could tell they were dog paws.

You think anyone was interested in the scientist's findings? Nope! Every camera stayed pointed at the mentally unstable individual and that was the only opinion aired that night on TV. Yes it was all in good fun, because none of the reporters there believed it, but this is the kind of thing that sometimes gets taken seriously while the obvious causes are ignored.

Exactly. There are two headed fish, tiger striped kangaroos and aberration of nature. With over a "trillion" species on this planet you think maybe nature will and can mix up genes? Absolutely. I'll take that answer before Chupacabara whatever that is "alien" b.s. Now if I see something out of a Stephen King novel I'll be right back to edit this paragraph. Promise. Once I'm far far far away.:D

This has been foretold- back in 1986.

latest

Loved that book! If it's what I'm thinking... title is escaping me... One of them was a hot blonde Italian reporter... A colony ship... It's coming back to me in snippets... I do remember it's a great story... help me out here.....

Back
Top Bottom