Any interest I had in "Grand Tour" has ended.

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Well Grand Tour has screwed the pooch with me. S2E5 was the end. I grew up in a ranching family which goes back to territorial days in Wyoming. Mostly cattle but there were also sheep. In Episode 5 I watched them herding sheep (Black Faced Suffolk) with a Subaru setup for European rallies, that was bad enough. Sheep are not the smartest of domestic animals and can be injured if run to hard. I realize they were very careful to avoid injuring any, I didn't like what I saw but I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt especially knowing the laws concerning animal cruelty they have in the UK. But in the end when they simulated the death of a bunch of sheep getting hit by this careening Subaru that was it. I did not find it funny at all. I have personally witnessed scenes of badly injured and dead sheep that have panicked in grass fires, and thunderstorms. Grand Tour was no longer very entertaining but this was it.

I’m waiting for season two of the new Top Gear to hit Amazon. Chris Harris is an excellent personality and an excellent automotive journalist.

The Drive on NBC Sports with Matt Farah, Chris Harris and some Spinelli guy is also a good alternative.

And Savagegeese on YouTube. He really gets heavy into details so pick a video of a car you’re already interested in to start.

Well, I want to watch the episode where "The Hamster" wrecks a Rimac Concept One. Other than that, they lost me long ago.

Well, I want to watch the episode where "The Hamster" wrecks a Rimac Concept One. Other than that, they lost me long ago.
If you have seen the crash on the news you have already seen it Grand Tour didn’t have any cameras in the area were the crash occured. It was clear Hammond botched a braking point and tried to make up for it and lost control.

Clarkson: "Exactly how many supercars have you wrecked this season?
Hammond: "Only two!"
Clarkson: "Out of how many?""
Hammond: "two"

He also filled the tank of a McLaren 720S with water and destroyed it's engine.

The Drive on NBC Sports with Matt Farah, Chris Harris and some Spinelli guy is also a good alternative.

I enjoy Matt on TheSmokingTire channel on Youtube. I can definitely relate to the joy of driving an unenhanced (power-wise) Mazda 2.

Too bad Matt has chosen to stop doing it as on this year (although new videos are continued to be posted)

I enjoy Matt on TheSmokingTire channel on Youtube. I can definitely relate to the joy of driving an unenhanced (power-wise) Mazda 2.

Too bad Matt has chosen to stop doing it as on this year (although new videos are continued to be posted)

I listen to his podcast. This has been a long time coming. It sounds like doing the one take videos has always been kind of annoying and usually for scheduling reasons. But also because owners who have a very sentimental connection with their vehicles are inviting a reviewer/journalist into their cars and Matt’s observations can very often class with the owners sentiment. He’s been talking about getting out of these for at least two years.

Well Grand Tour has screwed the pooch with me. S2E5 was the end. I grew up in a ranching family which goes back to territorial days in Wyoming. Mostly cattle but there were also sheep. In Episode 5 I watched them herding sheep (Black Faced Suffolk) with a Subaru setup for European rallies, that was bad enough. Sheep are not the smartest of domestic animals and can be injured if run to hard. I realize they were very careful to avoid injuring any, I didn't like what I saw but I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt especially knowing the laws concerning animal cruelty they have in the UK. But in the end when they simulated the death of a bunch of sheep getting hit by this careening Subaru that was it. I did not find it funny at all. I have personally witnessed scenes of badly injured and dead sheep that have panicked in grass fires, and thunderstorms. Grand Tour was no longer very entertaining but this was it.
So, it was OK that they "killed" a different celebrity every episode in Season 1, Blew Hammond up on the SHITT refuling segment, and launched Captain Slow off a cliff in his Jaaaaaaaaaaaaag. But showing a few obviously fake dead sheep was too much for you. Uh, OK.

If you like TGT because it has cars, hijinks, and comedy, you should check out Roadkill on Youtube. It's two editors from Hot Rod magazine, David Freiburger, and Mike Finnegan, taking old junky cars and doing crazy stuff with them. TGT and this are my two favorite shows.

The "Grand Tour" presenters even joke about how fake the show is. They even made fun of a suggestion that they do an 'unscripted' segment, so they make an 'unscripted segment' to show how bad that would be... the fire truck had no competition. Of course the 'unscripted' segment was just as scripted as the rest of the segments.
TELEMMGLPICT000150084195_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg

This was in the UK I am surprised that got away with as much as they did with the sheep. I know very well it was faked but I have never found this sort of thing humorous.

Back
Top Bottom