Today's Dream Pop selection...

I had never heard of this genre either, courtesy of Wikipedia:

The AllMusic Guide to Electronica defines dream pop as "an atmospheric subgenre of alternative rock that relies on sonic textures as much as melody".[8] Common characteristics are breathy vocals and use of guitar effects, often producing a "wall of noise".[8][3] Dream pop tends to focus on textures and moods rather than propulsive rock riffs.[9] Lyrics are often introspective or existential in nature.[9] In the view of music critic Simon Reynolds, dream pop "celebrates rapturous and transcendent experiences, often using druggy and mystical imagery".[3] According to Rachel Felder, dream pop artists often resist representations of social reality in favor of ambiguous or hallucinogenic experiences.[10]

They're back...

Cocteau Twins

The Black Sessions @ Studio 105
Paris, France
4 February 1994

'Love Songs on the Radio' by Mojave 3

Trespassers William cover of 'Vapour Trail'

'Dagger' by Slowdive

just about anything by Mazzy Starr / Hope Sandoval

I really really love this dreamy music

I had never heard of this genre either, courtesy of Wikipedia:

The AllMusic Guide to Electronica defines dream pop as "an atmospheric subgenre of alternative rock that relies on sonic textures as much as melody".[8] Common characteristics are breathy vocals and use of guitar effects, often producing a "wall of noise".[8][3] Dream pop tends to focus on textures and moods rather than propulsive rock riffs.[9] Lyrics are often introspective or existential in nature.[9] In the view of music critic Simon Reynolds, dream pop "celebrates rapturous and transcendent experiences, often using druggy and mystical imagery".[3] According to Rachel Felder, dream pop artists often resist representations of social reality in favor of ambiguous or hallucinogenic experiences.[10]

OMG, I want to say, 'can you hum a few bars?'

Back
Top Bottom